Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Medication Reconciliation Improvements

Reconciling medications is currently multi-click task to accomplish. After verifiying what is needed, it reverts back to initial task- and it simply takes so much time to accomplish. A lot of times, there are no medications to reconcile anyway.

41 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Becky Andrews commented  · 

Why is medication reconciliation not a function inside of the encounter?
    This would be the most efficient place to put it. I would suggest a tab under the Care Plan, or a tab that we could put where it is appropriate in our template. Then hitting "record" would bring up the current med list with check boxes for meds / supplements that are current. That should update the primary structured list for the patient as well.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree with the comments that medication reconciliation process is redundant, clumsy and time consuming. Every time I open a chart I have to reconcile the medications. Even when I chart a note and click on the med reconciliation, it shows up as a task to complete. I end up with at least 20 tasks to deal with each week, and I reconcile every time I see a patient. It seems that clicking on the item should be sufficient for reconciliation. This is very annoying.

• Rana Colaianni commented  · 

I also do not use meaningful use, and would like to disable the "med reconciliation" function across the board, I will reconcile as I go along. To go into each individual patient profile/chart and disable is very cumbersome. Thanks.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please make it so we can do mark as complete from the medication reconciliation list page. Silly to have to go back to task list and mark as complete as more than 755 of the time in my office no medications to reconcile.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I need to document medication reconcilliation for meaningful use, but the system is very cumbersome at present. If there is a medication that needs to be added, we then have to add it, then write down dates/etc, then go into chart and manually enter these dates. It would be helpful if the dates transferred over when we transfer the medication to the list.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Sometimes i receive reconciliations for discharged and or deceased patients. I will also receive several for the same patient within hours. Is there an option to indicate why you haven't reconciled medications such as issues above?

• Anonymous commented  · 

medication reconciliation should pull up when the patient is seen, not afterwards. We should be able to clean up the list in real time and it should not be required when there are no medications entered. We are doing work that should be done by the EHR

• Dr Murat Akalin commented  · 

Yes, Please provide an option to turn off the Medication Reconciliation Feature.
    I do not use the meaningful use functions.

• Jennifer Montgomery commented  · 

We do not use the meaningful use functions. Is there a way to bypass the task section from getting bogged down with reconciliation requests? If we click "ignore" will it still keep our medications in the patient's chart?

• Horacio commented  · 

I agree, the med reconciliation task list is time consuming. Please help us with the flow of this issue.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would like to disable the medication reconciliation in the task list. It is bothersome in that it clogs up the task list and distracts from the tasks that are relevant.

• Amy commented  · 

The medication reconciliation in tasks is time consuming and not helpful in my opinion. I always reconcile as I am checking meds but there seems to be no way that transfers to the tasks. Why do these have to be separate things?

• SSB commented  · 

I like the idea of the med reconciliation in the task section. I really like that each med shows the date filled, pharmacy, refills, and MD info. I absolutely hate that the information is not carried over into the patient chart when the med is added. In the end the patient looks like they got several controlled meds on the same day. Not good.

• Dr Anace Said commented  · 

It would be great if we could turn off reconciliation globally.

• Dr Mitchell Akman commented  · 

It would be great if we could turn off reconciliation globally.

Feedback and Knowledge Base