Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Mobile E-Prescribing

we need better iPhone/mobile interface for prescribing. I would love to ditch my other mobile prescribing tool, but i can't effecttively use PF on my iPhone as the screen/text is too small. perhaps a separate app for mobile prescribing

104 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Douglas Lieberman shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  · 

I agree -- text is tiny on iPhone 7 for PF ePrescribe, screen is cluttered with extraneous junk, and it is not intuitively obvious how to make it work. For example, it tells me I must save my work, but doesn't allow a way to do so.

• Edward Taubman commented  · 

the prior EHR system that we used was not nearly as good as PF but it did have a mobile app for e-prescribing which worked great and I miss that functionality in PF.

• Anonymous commented  · 

On the go without a desktop, I live in a state where all prescribing is now eprescribing. So why not optimize PF EHR for smartphones?

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would be a huge help!

• Anonymous commented  · 

As all communication has been upgraded according to current advanced technology, practice fusion should highly consider a E-Prescribing App for smart phones for physicians.

• Daniel Gutstein commented  · 

Even though it is possible to access the EHR on my phone (iPhone 6 in my case), the EHR does not scale properly to allow access to functionality, specifically e-prescribing. It is not uncommon that I am away from a computer and get a call for an e-refill or a new Rx. Some years ago I had a separate eRx app on my phone which worked well. Practice Fusion should be able to create an app (I prefer iOS, but Android and Windows should also be available) which would allow eRx. The app would have to be able to access medication lists, allergies, and pharmacy information as well. I am uncertain whether or how this could be integrated with EPCS as well (but being in Illinois, EPCS on PF is only slightly more real than the Tooth Fairy...).

• Daniel Gutstein commented  · 

I can understand the difficulties of providing full chart access on phone screens. However, there should be a stand-alone app for eRx which would include patients' medication lists, allergies, and both pharmacies used as well as pharmacy search. I'm just a doctor, so I have no idea how this might or might not work with EPCS, but being in Illinois that is still academic.

• Anonymous commented  · 

i agree. i can get all the way to the send screen and then-- cant access the last step because it is not on the screen.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Definitely need to uodate the orogram or design mobile ap to make he eprecribing more functional

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would propose to make user-friendly e-prescribing, granting appointment requests, and direct messaging on smartphones a priority. (Although thanks so much for a great product you have already.)

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please create an iPhone app. it would be very useful.

Feedback and Knowledge Base