Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Document Type Filter in Patient Documents List

It would save time if we could categorize patients' documents by document type within the patients charts.

108 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Edward Taubman commented  · 

How about allowing us to create folders that we name

• Mrs Lesly Fichtel commented  · 

A customizable default of types of documents seen by a specific user would be appreciated. The doctors do not need to see authorizations, insurance,... most of the time. However, a drop down list for the types of documents not in the default setting should still be available. Similar to how to customize the summary view.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would be extremely useful! Huge Time Saver! Document Name, Physician Name, Facility and date

• Anonymous commented  · 

i would like to search pending documents by name

• Mrs Vinee Patel commented  · 

I think it shuld also be able to search by date/month.

• Mrs Dinah Olson commented  · 

staff is requesting option to search documents pending by date in addition to the search by doc type and provider

• David commented  · 

When working with documents, it's difficult to find one that I'm looking for. We would like the ability to sort by more columns or search by title of a document so we can find them easier.

• Marty Sturtz commented  · 

To add to this area, when a staff person adds a document type by mistake or spells it wrong or it just should not be there - how can we remove these????

• Doctor B commented  · 

These document types are not very relevant to my practice, so can I eliminate some document types, add document types. and merge document types? For example, if I just want a category of "Consults" to cover all op reports, admissions, ER, procedure notes, colonoscopies, EMG/NCS, and several other categories on your list, and those categories have already been assigned to documents by some users, I'd like to be able to convert those documents to the "Consults" category, in other words, merge them all to "Consults." It's easier to remember what the category should be if there are fewer of them, and less chance of looking for documents in the wrong place. Chart notes, Lab Reports, Imaging, Consults, and Correspondence are enough for me. Having fewer categories makes it easier on my uploader, too. And I'd like to have the option of leaving some documents out of the Events column, to avoid cluttering it up. Things like biweekly INR reports, patients' home BP records, glucometer records, food exercise journals, pre-authorization letters, insurance denials, and so on. I'll rarely if ever look at any of those ever again after I first see and upload them, but they're part of the record. I use Correspondence as a category to assign to all the documents that don't need to go into Events.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Great addition! Often times we need to reference more than one document. It would be great if once we are in the patients chart searching for a document we could stay in the search tab instead of being brought back to the timeline.

Feedback and Knowledge Base