Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Keep lab open while viewing note

It would be great to be able to view the labs, a document, RX list at the same time as a note. Then I can make notes, plans, etc in the chartnote while viewing the data, instead of having to write it on a piece of paper or remember it in my head while I switch back and forth between parts of the chart.

113 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dr Joanne Pizzino shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Resolved  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Hi everyone, as you may have noticed, as of mid-2015, you can access Quick Preview to look at lab results and previous notes for the patient when working on a chart note.

You can learn more about how Quick Preview works here: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/483091-how-can-i-preview-previous-encounters-and-results

Additionally, if you’re interested in viewing documents or other things that are not currently in the Quick Preview, you can vote for and comment on this idea: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/forums/276361-product-ideas/suggestions/7137258-please-make-the-patient-s-documents-visible-and-ac

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • William Gilmer commented  · 

multiple windows open at once is the ideal solution. documents (including scanned labs, rads, notes from other providers), meds, prior progress notes open while trying to document a new SOAP note would be SO helpful.

• Danielle commented  · 

Our practice mostly receives lab and imaging results as paper documents, which are then scanned and uploaded to the patient's documents. We would like to have the ability to view the document itself while keeping the encounter note open. Having to remember the information while switching between tabs is extremely inefficient for the physician.

• Hi Steve--yes, you will be able to populate the note from the lab results that are visible on the screen. Another way to access lab results in your note will be via our new Flowsheets functionality that we're rolling out in waves. http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/forums/276361-product-ideas/suggestions/7123229-flowsheets-for-viewing-vitals-and-lab-results-over

• steve commented  · 

I assume this also means we can populate the not with lab data?

• steve commented  · 

this would be great . I hope this is ready for prime time soon

• Andrea commented  · 

Kind of like how we used to be able to look at a SOAP note and mouse over medication list without getting out of the note and still see what meds the patient was on. That was SO VERY USEFUL!!!!!

• Doctor B commented  · 

NB: "new window" -- that's the key to solving just about all the aggravating and disruptive features of PF. Let us view several things at once, and open and close them electively, and you might actually succeed in making PF charting FASTER than paper charts, which would be an industry first.

• Keely Godwin, MD commented  · 

I think that once the actual results of lab is included in the clock icon drop down summary, it will satisfy that need.

• Dr Joanne Pizzino commented  · 

simply having a chart section open in a new window that could be sized to view simultaneously would be an easy solution.

Feedback and Knowledge Base