Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Prompt to save when navigating away from a patient intake template

When creating a new Patient Intake Template, if you navigate away from it (such as to look up a patient chart) and return to the templates section of the EHR, the template you were working on is gone.

It would be helpful if we could be prompted to save the template before navigating away from that section to save our progress.

Since the new EHR is more of a 'tabbed' type system which many people are used to using in internet browsers, it creates the idea that we can just return to the "template" tab and resume what we were working on, only to find out it's no longer there.

Some sort of prompt to save or the ability for the template to remain available / open would be helpful.

24 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Josh Elder shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • JR commented  · 

I really like this idea to have a "prompt" to "save note" when navigating away from the working SOAP note. I have lost many note sections, because I forgot to "save" before exiting.

Just like Josh stated, we need to frequently leave the current working SOAP note go to old notes to review or to copy and paste relevant material for the SOAP note.

Thanks!

Feedback and Knowledge Base