Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Lifestyle Section Additions

I would like to be able to indicate if patients smoke marijuana. I need to track that a patient is a tobacco smoker also if they do both.

103 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mrs Dawn Barrom commented  · 

Under the smoking section, I would like to indicate that a patient uses smokeless tobacco, canned dips, and or vapor.

• Dr W Graham Driscoll commented  · 

As an ENT office, under smoking status, it would be nice to know if the patient is a tobacco chewer.

• Anonymous commented  · 

There should also be a section for Vape, or e-cigs

• Mrs Ashley Halker commented  · 

This may also be helpful for alcohol or to create other substance use, free text availability.

• BB commented  · 

the bottom line is you need to be able to template the social history box so you can creat your own boxes on what is important to you as a physician to ask.

• Mr Rick Luke commented  · 

We are primarily interested in adding chewing tobacco, but I have to agree with most of the comments.

• Dr Brent Gear commented  · 

Please add spiritual or lifestyle information so we don't accidentally offer blood products to a Jehova's Witness or make comments using God to an atheist. I ask my patients, "Is there a religious or spiritual practice that's important to you?" I'd like to be able to see it easily without going back to old chart notes.

• Dr James Wilentz commented  · 

Need a good way to chart alcohol and drugs, as with smoking

• Mr Robert Finlay commented  · 

Suggested a click box in Tobacco use for eCigarettes and DIP (Snuff/ smokeless) etc.

• Erica commented  · 

I think this is a good idea, however, could you also make a spot to differentiate whether or not the patient is a legally certified Medical Cannabis patient? Our office specializes in Integrative/Holistic Medicine and Medical Cannabis, so I would hate to see PF implement this change in a way that makes the patient look like a criminal for using marijuana - like other EMR's I have seen.

• Oliver Alexander commented  · 

Many of our patients use chewing tobacco and the State of Oregon is releasing mandates where chewing tobacco use needs to be monitored. We would like to be able to track which patients of ours chew tobacco and how often

• Ms Hayley Adams commented  · 

can we have a tobacco setting so we can put in that the patient chews tobacco -

• Dr. Church commented  · 

The categories of choice do not accommodate the teen that admits to experimenting...need something like:
        Have tried it, but stopped.
        The only one that can be used is "former smoker" which isn't too accurate and conjures a picture of them smoking for a prolonged time.

• Paul commented  · 

Need to add DIPPING tobacco to smoking questionnaire area

• Mrs Kathryn Works commented  · 

I would like to be able to indicate if patients use smokeless tobacco, cigars and/or cigarettes.

• Dr Melissa Hinton commented  · 

Please change verbage from "smoker" to "tobacco user" and allow input field for ppd, pack-year history, etc.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base