Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Mental health rating scales in the chart note

For evaluation of depression, the PHQ9 would be helpful to have in the screening/scale section. As well as the MDQ to rule out bipolar disorder. Also, the GAD7 to evaluate for anxiety which is extremely common would be good. I use these scales in my practice on everyone I see.

117 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

T Yuan shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Eric Rosenbaum commented  · 

We should be able to make custom flowsheets that ask whatever question we want and could input values that we want. Then we will all be able to make and share the templates that everyone else has requested.

• Anonymous commented  · 

PHQ-9, GAD-7, YMRS, ASRS, FMI would be very helpful!!

• Mrs BreAnna Talley commented  · 

The PHQ-9 is a measure to screen for depression that was validated using primary care and OBGYN patients. Many insurance payors are now requiring or asking PCP and OBGYN clinics to screen their patients for depression using the PHQ-9. This is not only an issue for behavioral health providers - this affects most of your customer base. We need to be able to see changes over time and have an easy way to enter the data. Please add this to the flowsheet section so we can easily input the responses and overall results.

• Dr Eilis Clark commented  · 

In Flowsheets->add Observations, populate w/selections for psychiatric scores: MMSE, MoCA, PHQ9, GAD7, PCL5, FOCI, YBOCS, MDQ, BSDS, ASRS, ASRM, PDSS, AUDIT-C, NIDA-ASSISTS, Liebotwitz Social Anxiety Scale, BEDS7, BPAD-R, ESS, HAMA, HAMD. Thank you for your consderation and this great product!

• Nicole Smith commented  · 

Much like the PHQ9, we would like to be able to enter an Epworth Sleepiness Scale and FOSQ, both related to the sleep medicine field.

• Megan Gruber commented  · 

It would be great to see PHQ-9 & GAD7 trends in a flowsheet

• Mrs Ashley Halker commented  · 

It is the opinion of those that use Practice Fusion for mental health services that this would be advantageous. This would allow for more users from this aspect of medicine more likely to adopt practice fusion and/or to be able to make the change from keeping some paper charts to all electronic. Flow sheets will allow the provider to see the change over time just like is presently being done for most other fields of medicine. At this point there are little to no psychiatric measures being able to be tracked in practice fusion in the flow sheet.

• Leif commented  · 

I concur. Please at flow sheet tracking for PHQ-9, CUDOS, CUXOS, ASRS v1.4,GAD-7.

Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  · 

psychiatric rating scales should be organized as flow sheets so during office visits we can see pior scores on these rating scales when we see folks, much like following lab values, blood pressure, etc. I use different rating scales; there should be the opportunity to customize rating scales so we can enter and use the rating scale that we prefer.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree with having multiple public domain measures adding to already listed ones, QUIDS, YBOCS, Vanderbilt Parent and Teachers, MEQ,

• Anonymous commented  · 

Other behavioral measures to consider - BAI, BDI, CDI, CMOCS, SCARED, CBCL, TRF, ABCL, Goldberg, NICHQ (sometimes called Vanderbilt), MOAS,

• Anonymous commented  · 

I can provide a list of specific behavioral measures that are in the public domain and widely used that would be very useful for all mental health providers. These include the PHQ-9, GAD-7, the MDQ, the ASRS, the PHQ-15, the AUDIT, and others if you wish to create a library that users can select from to populate the list row headings like with Vital Signs. Being able to track these over time is important and longitudinal graphic output (as well as for weight and BP) would be useful.

To the degree you offer tools for clinicans that increase the MU footprint of PF, you can dominate the market, especially for non-enterprise clinicians.

• Beth commented  · 

Do you have mental health assessments/diagnostic assessments available or would the user need to develop one?

Feedback and Knowledge Base