Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Allow appointments > 90 days old to be edited

As of now you can only edit appointments that are less than 90 days old. Would like to be able to edit appointments that are older than that

36 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dr mark kostin shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • dawn commented  · 

For the same reason as others have mentioned; our clinic is entering older paper charts, and working on following on the pending appoinments for list clean up when running the NEW Appointment Report released last month.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is important for practice such as mine where we started off with paper charts and now would like to enter that data into practice fusion to allow smooth transition.

• Dr Cynthia Hoffmeier commented  · 

I would like to be able to edit appointments that are older than 90 days old also.
    The reason being is that sometimes 2 appointments were entered on the same day, or by accident the appointment was not entered on the correct patient. When we go back to review, which not occur for more than 90 days, as of recent this can not be edited, but now we cannot do.
    The same goes for messages: by accident I have entered a message on the incorrect patient, and need to delete it. It is ridiculous that we don't have control to do this.

• sharilyn commented  · 

Also trying to add past records to Practice Fusion and this feature would really help.

• Ms JENNY TREJO commented  · 

It would really help is we were able to change appointment status on ANY dates of service not just the ones in the past 90 days.

• Holly commented  · 

There are several sitautions where we need to either add notes or change the doctor and it is not possible to do so past 90 days, it would be great if that was possible. Also, we are unable to edit appointments nor change the doctor once they are checked in which is also very uncomfortable.

• Richard Govia commented  · 

In a situation where a new patient never comes for their first appointment we keep the chart for a few months in case they try to re-schedule (to avoid having to record the demographics and insurance info again). When we are almost sure that the original patient is never going to reschedule, we re-use the chart for someone else (to avoid having a huge number of charts for patients who were never seen). That missed appointment needs to be deleted before we re-use the chart, and sometimes this recycling of the chart happens more than 90 days after the first missed appt from the original patient.

• Maricruz Luna commented  · 

I agree with Dr. Nicole D. Christiansen on this, we are going through the same issue here. What can be done?

• Dr Nicole Christiansen commented  · 

Any practice that still has some level of paper charts needs this. And there are more than you would think.

As a psychiatrist we often keep paper "process notes". These are the guts of our psychotherapy sessions and for confidentiality much of the details do not need to be entered into the EHR for the purpose of insurance approvals, coordination of care, etc. Similarly, with much of my practice comprised of hour- long recurring weekly appointments I found getting through the old EHR scheduling and documentation flows a hassle. The new EHR is easier to use yet I can't get the rest of my data into the program. Adding historical missed visits and cancellations is important as well, another characteristic of my paper schedule to PF schedule >90d limbo.

Now that it is less painful (I think I was one of the last to get converted to the new version!) I was excited to get all of my records into the EHR, but this soon turned to frustration. Particularly when I entered an older visit for the wrong patient into the schedule and couldn't delete it.

Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I am entering charts from 2007 into practice fusion. I will need to add the past appointments and mark them as seen.

Feedback and Knowledge Base