Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

View patient chart from superbill

We need to be able to access the patient chart when processing superbills for billing. Currently, we have to go out of the reports screens and go into the chart screen. Then when you go back to superbills, you have to go back in to reports and pull up billing again. This gets extremely redundant when you have to go back on patient charts to verify information.

103 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mrs Teresa Hare shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mrs Ashley Halker commented  · 

This is true for all reports. It would be nice if ALL reports features were able to have this option.

• Mrs Kelly Metzger commented  · 

I need to be able to see the encounter notes while I am entering diagnosis codes into the superbill. This will help our office with diagnosis accuracy and specificity. Toggling back-and-forth is inefficient and being able to view the superbill along with the encounter would save our office an enormous amount of time. I recommend the superbill have similar functionality as the messaging feature.

• Calvin commented  · 

Providers need the ability to view the encounter and the superbill side by side. This allows them to easily capture charges . Right now providers are switching back and forth. A quick work around would be to allow us to print the superbill along with the encounter notes that we everything could be seen on the same page.

• Dr Martha Wong commented  · 

This ability to view chart directly from the Superbill will be greatly appreciated

• Linda commented  · 

I would like the superbill to show up to the right side of the chart like it use to be - So I can verify info without having to delete the superbill I started. Now, if I'm in the superbill, and I need to go back to the chart - I have to delete the superbill and then re-create it.

• Kevin J. Rodbell, MD commented  · 

used to be able to do this, and it was really helpful. your bill should be based on what you did, and if you can't see it, that's an obvious big limitation. thanks for considering this.

• Stephanie Thomas commented  · 

This was a feature of the old system that was so helpful. Having the patient chart visible in the superbill screen is vital to coding with the greater specificity of ICD10 codes. If this isn't available, it would also be nice to have a function to print all of the patient charts for a certain date so that I can at least have a paper copy of each of the charts.

• Dr Rahul Gor commented  · 

There is an easy workaround in the meanwhile.
    If you look at the top when generating the superbill you will see a clock.
    If you click on it, it will show you the notes which you can use to generate the superbill. You can also make it go away so your whole screen is focused on the superbill and not the note.

• Ms Sherrie Harris commented  · 

I agree when billing you should be able to have access to view the encounter without having to go out of the superbill and then into the patient's encounter then back to the superbill. This is very time consuming and with the new ICD 10 changes it even more important to be able to access both screens at the same time because of the detailed codes.

• Ms Selena Noel commented  · 

The old way of entering all the information on one screen was faster and easier than having to input everything on different pop up screens.

• Dr Paul McNeely commented  · 

Agree, this was working well in the old format with split screen viewing of the encounter and the superbill. Please change this back so we can see the encounter WHILE doing the superbill.

• Ms Elaine Swartz commented  · 

this idea was working well for us in the previous superbill format. I can't understand why this would be not a function in the new format for ICD 10. who can bill without the notes?

• Dr Marc Tanenbaum commented  · 

I would think billers would want the ability to go from the Superbill right to the chart note not only for verification, but also to copy or attach documentation when needed by the insurer or for the appeal for denial of payment.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Would like to jump to encounter note or soap note when looking at superbill. This is a very helpful function to verify certain charges as opposed to closing billing superbill and accessing pt chart

• Betty commented  · 

I agree with Teresa. This feature would make life much easier if there was a link on the superbill to access the chart note or even a preview of the chart note from the superbill.

Feedback and Knowledge Base