Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Utilize keystrokes instead of mouse clicks

Many places in the New EHR require mouse clicks rather than a Return or Enter keystroke. One example is in the Name Search field; a name is typed in and then the magnifying glass must be clicked with the cursor/mouse rather than just hitting the Enter or Return key.

Wherever this could be eliminated would be a positive change.

44 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dr Barry Press shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mr Rick Luke commented  · 

There are some very frustrating places where we are required to take a hand away from the keyboard to use the mouse. One of those is the patient search box, such as when creating an appointment. What I am used to doing is to type a name, press Enter to execute the search, then use the arrow keys to scroll through the list to the desired patient, then press Enter to select that patient. In PF we have to type the name, press Enter, then grab the mouse and get the pointer into the right area, use the mouse scroll wheel to find the patient, then click on that patient.

• Wendy Bartlett commented  · 

I just started using this program and would LOVE if there were keyboard shortcuts. I am used to never using my mouse. Using the keyboard only saves a lot of time. That feature would be much appreciated!

• Ariel commented  · 

A keyboard shortcut for save would be really useful.

• Mrs Laura Tessitore commented  · 

Recently when entering patient demographics specifically the Date of Birth and hitting enter a calendar appears and does not go away hiding other information on the screen.

• Mrs Dora Cantu commented  · 

Much easier to enter a few letters for first and last name and hit "ENTER" instead of using the mouse to click on the magnifying glass. Definitely looking for a smoother workflow and eliminating any extra steps is appreciated.

• Doctor B commented  · 

Ideally, we should NEVER have to use the mouse but should be able to get through the whole charting process in a systematic way using only the Tab and Enter keys. The best forms are designed to accomplish this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base