Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Customizable Block Reason

Can you allow us to customize the reason for BLOCK on schedule? While we have almost all reasons a custom one would allow us to be more specific on schedule so doctor knows exactly why something is blocked.

105 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Piotr shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kay Hovious commented  · 

We need an option for "tentative" to hold time where we're waiting on patient to confirm an appointment.

• Ms Evelyn Mariani commented  · 

Blocks on schedule need more customization abilities - such as repeating options that expand to monthly, weekly, every third Monday, etc. Also, should be able to hover over a block and see all info - we like to put the description of a meeting in there, the webex info, place we have to be and who we are meeting with, etc...this would be easy to see with a hover rather than having to click into the block- the drs/PAs/NPs don't have time to click into a box to see what is going on. Color coding could only be helpful here too. We have taken to a work around where we have made patients named "Schedule Block" and appt types called "In surgery", "In consults" just so we can fully explain where someone is for certain hours of the day as the block options just don't give us enough room to customize.

• Mrs Michelle Keen commented  · 

Yes, being able to add a customized reason code for Blocking Time would be a nice feature for us as well.

• H Rodriguez MD commented  · 

The STAGE 3 CERTIFICATION company assisting me state I need to have a daily block on the schedule for same day urgent care calls but the system only provides for lunch or vacation block.

• Kathy commented  · 

Agree - need to be able to do an every other week block option

• Anonymous commented  · 

blocked time needs to have the ability to customize reason, and to copy/paste to other days. ie, we note in schedule Dr. on call dates, which change every month...currently, I have to add new block to each date in month.

• Keely Godwin, MD commented  · 

Agreed about the missing notes section. Or, I don't know, don't *require* a reason. Leave it as a dropdown choice or blank text.
    I'd also like to point out that the time blocks no longer are specifically color coded to specific providers any longer. We've accidentally had some appointments scheduled during a provider's pending vacation, because it wasn't as obvious that the provider would be gone (since all of the time blocks are now grey). Please bring back the color coding for the blocked time! We really need it during our week views of the schedule.

I would also make the plug/request again here for customizable work hours for providers instead of making the work hours practice wide: Dr. A is here M, T, W, F; Dr. B is here M,T,T,F, Dr. C is here W (am) and every other Saturday.
    It would be so much easier if we could just set up each day's hours for each provider at the start and then make the occasional changes here and there when needed.

• Anonymous commented  · 

We need more than the option to repeat a block every specific day, it would be so much easier to block out schedule if we can specify the block to repeat every other week, and multiple days at the time with out being an on going block.

• Dina Wells commented  · 

More options when doing block times for providers in the "reason" section. We use the blocks to let the schedulers know when providers are here. Would like the option to put their specialty in for "reason". Currently we have to use the miscellaneous option, since you have to choose one of the options, and manually enter the specialty.

• Anonymous commented  · 

We would also like to be able to adjust the block reasons, it would help us to be able to see the notes on the block.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Our clinic is open the 1st & 3rd Saturday of each month. When I go to block the other Saturdays it only allows me to block by provider, not all providers. A custom feature would be perfect.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be so helpful if we could adjust the block reason. In the new system it doesn't show the notes section like the last one did.

Feedback and Knowledge Base