Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Display Reminder Tasks in the Patient's chart

It is essential to have a record of what was done, and asked to be done for a patient. As it exists now, the reminder task while pending and after being done is not displayed within the patient's chart. We have used messages for this kind of tasking, which can be tracked through the chart.

130 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dr Angus Matheson shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dr Cory Annis commented  · 

Yes, I want to see reminders in the patients chart, especially future ones and ones that are incomplete and overdue. I'm OK with hiding completed reminders. It would be great if they also displayed in Other windows like during scheduling or in profile so when my staff interacts with patients they can remind them to schedule their next Well Child check, for example. It would be SUPER cool if from the same reminder we could choose to automatically generate a reminder that goes out through patient portal at the right time like when they are checking out from their current physical, we set a reminder that will go out automatically in 11 months. But I will settle for simply being able to see it when I am in the patients chart for now

• Dr Angus Matheson commented  · 

I have now realized that this idea was too limited. I wish the pane had all tasks (preferably) completed and incomplete. When I open a patient's chart it would be great to see the reminder tasks that are pending, but also the pending prior auths, the pending refills, etc. It would also be great to see what has been done. Again, a patient specific list of just the reminder tasks in the summery pane like messages would be great. but all tasks would be even better.

• Dr Angus Matheson commented  · 

My vision for this would be a pane in the patient summary, they way that Messages are displayed. So the 3 or 4 most recent tasks (from all users, but regarding that patient) are displayed in the summary. Then, clicking in just like in messages, all tasks (again from all users, all regarding that patient) could be viewed. I would love to filter either incomplete and complete. I don't think I need a filter for all types of tasks that there are in the tasks menu - documents, unsigned, refills, labs, etc - but others might find that useful. I want simply a list of all the tasks pending and all the tasks done on a particular patient. They fact that tasks disappear after they are completed is medicolegally very concerning unless another note is created each time a task is completed. And the that that a pending task for a provider cannot be seen when another provider opens the chart seems to set up things falling through the cracks.

• Teresa commented  · 

We need to link tasks with patients charts, and the ability to review it right from the chart itself. Not being able to view readily is quite a " TASK" for staff.....

• Ms Ruth Hammontree commented  · 

This is not helpful. When I am in a patient chart, it would save time if their reminder tasks were available somewhere in their record, rather than having to scroll through all "future tasks." Why can't you set up this function?
    Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree that I would like a place within the chart to make "Notes, reminders", to track phone calls, requests from Patients or my own reminders to follow up with something specific.

• Mrs Mary Olin commented  · 

It would definitely help if you can view tasks within the patient chart. It is time consuming to look in several places!

• Mrs SARA YACKEY commented  · 

This is so critical.. when a patient calls for this information we need one place to go look for this information.

• Dr Danielle Saad commented  · 

The ability to send a message to myself or another member of the team that will only be seen in the future. For example, when reviewing labs, it is nice to future date a message reminding myself to order the follow up labs a year later. This helps us not be late for follow up and regular screening.

• Glaucoma Doc commented  · 

Absolutely! Need to be able to see tasks associated with patient chart, such as in the summary page. That way if something is set to be done regarding a patient, we don't need to wonder about it.
    For example, if we are supposed to call the patient in 1 yr to set up an annual follow up, we create a task reminder. And if someone opens the chart later and sees no follow up appointments scheduled, at least they would know that there was a task created to call the patient. Otherwise, they would either be left wondering, or they might create another task for this. No one has time to search the future task list for these things.

• Ms Lindsay Moore commented  · 

Have all tasks available to be seen by Patient and by date to preform

• Ms Lisa Arnold commented  · 

I would like to see an option to view a Task specific to a patient within that patient's chart rather than within the Task tab having to scroll through a potentially long list of Tasks for multiple patients.

• Dr William Shevin commented  · 

If there is a task for a specific patient it should be noted at the top section where the patient name, age are located that way wherever and whoever is working inside the patients chart they will be alerted that a task exists and can then view it.
    These completed tasks should also be noted somewhere on the summary page so it will avoid duplication

• Anonymous commented  · 

Totally agree. We really need the ability to search tasks by patient name, and even better have it attached to chart.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Being able to see the reminder tasks on the Summary tab will help. Reminder task created in the Task tool for follow up visits and phys next year are very important. Being able to see this in the chart will help my staff not miss important follow ups. And will also stop the creation of multiple reminders.

• Ms Lindsey Burrows-Scan commented  · 

It would be nice if you were able to search for tasks by patient name, or to have tasks show up in the patient's chart. If a patient calls to find out when their next physical, mammogram, lab work, etc, is due, you have to scroll through all of the tasks and try to find their name in the long list of tasks. It would make it a lot more efficient to be able to look them up by the patient's name.

• Mrs Sabianne Jones commented  · 

I agree with CMK reminders should be connected to patient charts. For example, if the patient insurance card was not scanned in on patients first visit; It would be helpful for a task reminder to pop up once patient was signed in as arrived.

• Dr Katherine Hawkins commented  · 

Reminder tasks should be connected to a patient chart or at least have a search option. It is tedious to have to scroll down a long list of names to find a particular patieint

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base