Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Screenings/Assessments/Interventions & Functional/Cognitive Status on the Patient Summary

It would be very helpful to have the screenings/assessments/interventions, as well as the functional & cognitive status move to summary page so that they can easily be followed. Or, at least have them follow through from visit to visit. We need to be able to tell if we have done the screenings without having to wade through every visit.

37 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Laurie Pung shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  · 

this would be very helpful. It gets old typing all surgeries and stuff in each time.

• Robin Zarate commented  · 

cog and functional status should be fill in not drop down
    I also agree with other comments for posting assessment on summary page

• Amy Postigo commented  · 

That would be great! For CMS reporting we need to keep track of Falls Assessments for patients. We try to do them every 12 months. Every month I need receive a list of our patients that have fallen and I need to print the encounter where we did a falls assessment. However, I do not know when they are done and have to find them. The only way I have been able to find them is to open every encounter and look. In the patients chart there is no listings for Assessents Performed under Summary or under Time Line.

• Anonymous commented  · 

put screenings under the summary and leave the intervention and assessment in the encounter, the floor staff are the ones that obtain the information on screenings such as last flu shot, etc.

• Dr John Baites commented  · 

There needs to be a page (like the immunization page) which can be accessed from the summary screen just like we do for immunizations for screenings and interventions. Recall of the entry of the event of a colonoscopy for example is too difficult as it now exists.

• Dr William Shay commented  · 

Please remove screening/assessment section from inside the encounter note and place it on Summary section. Therefore, we can document the screening tests even after the encounter notes have already been signed.

• Whitney commented  · 

I agree with this. Summary page or somehow be able to look back at what's been done without having to open every past encounter. Please, please, please change this.

• Anonymous commented  · 

We should be able to add items under SIA at any time not only during the office visit. Most screenings like Mammograms and colonoscopies are done outside of internal medicine offices and results are received later. Leaving the encounter unsigned until we receive the results, sometimes months later, is not safe because the encounter can be deleted by mistake and the provider will loose his or her documentation. Also it would be nice to have the SIA displayed in the chart's summary to show all the screenings the patient received from the main page instead of opening an encounter to get this info.

• Arkady Massen commented  · 

And input once, so it can be in all future chart notes, just as the advance directives; have edit available if needed in future chart notes.

Feedback and Knowledge Base