Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Add Documents as main tab in patient chart

Under CHARTS, when viewing a patient chart there are main tabs for SUMMARY, TIMELINE, and PROFILE. We frequently reference scanned documents and have to navigate too many menus just to view the list of scanned documents for a patient's clinical encounter.

Please elevate Documents to a main tab. This will also help Quality Control in ensuring the proper documents have been signed by the patient

1,239 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dr Patrick Labelle shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

67 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mrs Sharon Blue commented  · 

We currently have the ability to list "documents" as the first tab in the timeline. However, the documents are not divided into sections, they are simply labeled and mixed together. We still have to scroll down the list just to find the MRI for example way down at the bottom. It would be great to have different sub-sections within documents such as "Radiology", Prior Auth, "New patient paperwork", "lab results" etc. Making this change would be less time consuming.

• Anonymous commented  · 

as a new using of Practice Fusion, coming for another EMR system, adding this tab would make life easier for the provider if this tab was added

• Brandon Abraham commented  · 

Being able to view documents under a main tab would be very useful. It would also be useful if we could categorize the documents. For example clicking the main tab link of "documents" and then having subtabs where we could view "CT Scans" or "MRI" etc. etc.

• Sierra Miller commented  · 

This is a must for our practice. Even with the timeline default changed it is time consuming and messy to have to go to another tab.

• Ms Nicole Baker commented  · 

Please add this feature. having documents as their own tab where all docs. associated with patient would be easily accessed and organized would be amazing. the current set up is quite frustrating and inefficient. Even by changing timeline settings to include signed docs is still lacking in ease of use and organization.

• Elizabeth Kelley commented  · 

Totally agree with OP. We need a Documents tab or a Documents listing/header in the summary. Using updox or scanning in additional documents --- we need a easy place to see them/ "keep" them in the EHR for easy access/reference without stepping thru tabs and too many extra steps.

• Dr Douglas Haas commented  · 

Yes, and would also like to see SIGNED and PENDING under the same heading as is seen when you go to attach a document to a note under ATTACHMENTS. Very helpful to see both signed and pending documents all in one place.

• Dr Michael Gasman commented  · 

Many of those posting would be happier if they changed their "Timelin default" to "Documents signed" - this is sound in "settiings>EHR defaults"

• Dr Peter Kim commented  · 

Documents are accessed from the Home screen at this time, I am new to Practice Fusion and may not be using all of the features correctly, but I have found accessing documents from the home screen cumbersome.

It would be more user friendly, if all of the documents were accessible through an open encounter, summary tab, or where a "Go to" function is available.

Please, update this feature in the near future and vote if you want better access to the documents.

Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please make a quicker access button for this! thanks

• William Gilmer commented  · 

add me to the supporters of adding Documents to a main tab

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is priority. It will make a world of difference.

• Dr Adam Law MD commented  · 

Also an easy way to rename these documents for quick reference "EKG" or "podiatry note:

• Ziad Kalioundji commented  · 

Torrance Surgical Alliance endorses this request with the highest level of confidence. Our practice views the additional prompt as a "game changer" in Practice Fusion.

• Dr Lisa Sachdev commented  · 

Documents need to be easy to attach to and access from a patient's chart. It is not intuitive to have to open a new encounter or go to a bulk documents area to search for a patient's document

• Anonymous commented  · 

adding Documents to the left navigation pain would simplify the process of reviewing and/or uploading documents. Having to go through the tasks menu and then click the documents tab is inefficient when you are dealing with bulk document entries.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I came here because I could no longer find them at all... I used to be able to easily see the list of attached documents in the Summary

• Anonymous commented  · 

It is too hard to find documents, I agree~

• Cheryl Kuhlthau commented  · 

I would like to see scanned documents as part of the summary page where everything like diagnosis, medications, encounters etc. Its very difficult to find outside x-ray and lab results for review and comparison

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base