Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Add Documents as main tab in patient chart

Under CHARTS, when viewing a patient chart there are main tabs for SUMMARY, TIMELINE, and PROFILE. We frequently reference scanned documents and have to navigate too many menus just to view the list of scanned documents for a patient's clinical encounter.

Please elevate Documents to a main tab. This will also help Quality Control in ensuring the proper documents have been signed by the patient

1,253 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dr Patrick Labelle shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

67 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Carly Epstein commented  · 

When in a patient chart, you used to be able to see along the left side documents attached to patient's charts. There is no longer a clear easy way to see these anymore. Please change that

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes I agree. It would be easier to have access to it from the main tab

• Kevin Stallbaumer commented  · 

I agree. I upload my patient's X-rays (as jpegs) in so I can look at them when they return for therapy. It is very hard to make this work with the current system. If they were attached to their profile next to the notes section would be ideal. If I could then drag and drop these X-rays to my other computer screen so that I can document the encounter while keeping the jpeg open to view while performing therapy.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, agree, there has to be a better way to find the scanned documents. I have just spent 10 minutes trying to locate te documents I scanned and signed and am still searching:-(

• Dr Helen Lee commented  · 

YES! This is very time consuming and doesn't make any sense! Could you put the documents next the top tabs - Summary / Timeline / Profile / Documents - that would make every day scanning much better

• alejandro commented  · 

Can you put a request to be able to see signed and pending documents under the Quickview listing. ( I understand one would not be able to quick view the document but at least listing the documents and a hyperlink to view it will help the clinical workflow) right now you can quick view encounters labs and others except Documents.

• Dr Faiq Hasan commented  · 

Along the lines there should be a tab for everything pending for a particular patient

• Mrs Angelica F commented  · 

Or maybe we can include "upload documents" to the Action button whenever we are in patient's chart. That way we don't have to go "out" of Patient's chart to go "Home," then "documents" to if we need to upload a document to a patient's chart.

• C. Williams commented  · 

All documents should be able to be attached to the encounter and be visible on the main screen in chart.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Associating documents with a particular patient and distinct encounter is a basic function needed by every physician, multiple times per day. Copy/paste functions are also needed within the progress notes, and from and to external websites and materials. It would be helpful to be able to paste documents and images right into the SOAP notes. We need to be able to easily view documents within an encounter or visit note without having to do a lot of extra work...please work on this ASAP :)

• Mrs Kristen Gonzalez commented  · 

I agree it was easy to view prior to the upgrade, now I have no idea how to find the labs and cannot view the scanned documents without asking someone else.

• Glaucoma Doc commented  · 

Waiting for this! Even better, we could have our own custom tab (thought if I had a custom tab, I'd customize it to show signed documents).

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yeeeeees. We should be able to view all documents for a patient in their chart

• Marty Miller commented  · 

You should also be able to do this from the patients chart.

• Dr Susan Scharf commented  · 

Tabs: It would be great and useful if patient charts were able to be set up in tabs so I can toggle between different sections and look up something or cut and paste without losing my place where I was.

• Dr. Patel commented  · 

I definitely need this feature for my practice. All of my patients being medical records from other physicians or hospitals, which are then reviewed immediately at the patient visit. I can't be switching back and forth. It needs to be easily accessible while the chart is open.

• DG commented  · 

Currently it takes 5 clicks to go from one "Signed document" to view another:

1) close the one that you didnt need (there is not a preview)
        2) Timeline
        3) Encounter
        4) Signed documents
        5) The document you need, hopefully it's labeled correctly, cus if it isnt you cannot edit it. you must re-download or re scan.

Please update ASAP.

• Adria commented  · 

Allow documents to be viewed on the timeline as they were in the old version. Also, allow documents to be attached to referrals or printing the entire chart.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Patient visit flow is markedly disrupted by having to go to Home and then to Documents. Please put a left sided tab that links directly to Documents.

Feedback and Knowledge Base