Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Out of Office Response for Patient Messaging

Patients frequently use the Practice Fusion email function to email. I am out of the office next week, and there does not appear to be a way to enter an out of the office response. This is an essential patient care issue; patients will be emailing with a clinical question, and no one will be getting back to them.

I understand that I can temporarily disable patient messaging, but a simple Out of Office message would be helpful for my practice.

135 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Lauren Plawner shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Edward Taubman commented  · 

to make this work

a) need a way to turn off messaging to certain users from patient fuson while allowing those users to still get internal messages from other staff
    b) need a way for nurse to to view messages coming from patient fusion to doctor

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please add an out of office notification on the patient portal. It's simply better patient care. Thanks.

• Mr Paul Algeo commented  · 

Please work on this issue because at a practice with more than one provider, disabling the messaging while one provider is away is not practical. Thank you!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please create an out of office message that can be automatically sent to patients in Patient Fusion when provider is out of town and patients are trying to communicate via Patient Fusion.

• Jennifer commented  · 

Out of office alert or allow the ability to disable messaging for a certain provider that is out of the office. Currently you allow us disable all messaging, which does not help when only one provider is out of the office.

• Debbie commented  · 

An out of office message would be very helpful to our practice.

• AB commented  · 

I would like a feature that would allow my nurse to view and respond to messages sent by patients. Many messages can be handled by a non-physician are frankly creating more busy work for me.

• Kathy Wilmering commented  · 

Bonus if we could include dates gone and contact for backup.

• Dr Marc Tanenbaum commented  · 

If I were using Patient Messaging, I would want this Out of Office option with instruction to the patient as to what action they should take (wording by me). But since I am not in an office 8-5, and Patient Messaging remains "invisible" to me if the EHR is OFF, I don't feel I can use it. I would need Smart Phone SMS notification of messages received in my inbox or email received. I would also like all inbox new work notification to my SMS. Are you working on this?

• Dr Marina Claudio commented  · 

I will be out of the country for several weeks early this summer. This function is an absolute must for my practice. Can an Out of Office message function be created asap? Standard email function....

Feedback and Knowledge Base