Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Physician Electronic Signature on Orders

We are having issues with the imaging order not having a signature stamp. They are not accepting "electronically signed" only.
Could there be a way to incorporate an electronic version of the doctor's signature as well? They will accept that, but not a hand stamp signature.

42 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Cindy Roseberry shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dr William Graham commented  · 

This is also a problem in our city of Springfield, MO. As a consequence, we must routinely print out the referral, physically sign it, then Fax it to the consultant, resulting in double (triple) workflow. Have you considered interfacing/partnering with a service like DocuSign. which is routinely used for legal documents and real estate transactions?

• Alex Jovanovich, MD commented  · 

This would also help with the prescriptions we sent to compounding pharmacies, since there is no way to fax a customized prescription. Right now, I save to PDF then sign in adobe acrobat and email. It would be nice to save the extra time down the road

• Norman Chien, MD commented  · 

I work in office and go to nursing homes to see patients. There are a lot of paper orders that require a doctor to put down handwritten signatures. I know that e signature is legally recognized but many different entities are still not able to catch up. Home health companies also ask for handwritten orders. Until the whole health industry accept e signature, please put out a signature stamp feature. Thanks!

Feedback and Knowledge Base