Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Track Procedure Codes for an encounter

We need a way to track that procedures were performed on a specific encounter, outside of billing.

Examples: injection, remove a wart, remove an ingrown toenail. These patients have no encounter charges

76 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

mark gotfryd shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Stephanie Wong commented  · 

It would be helpful to have CPT codes attached to psychotherapy notes/encounters.

• stacy commented  · 

In favor!!

• Mr Robert Finlay commented  · 

EKG's, Subungual Hematoma release, Nail removal, Cast removal, Cast application, Eye Chart exam, Shiotz tonometry, Earwax removal, Trigger point injections, Wound suturing, Asthma Nebulizer treatment, Lab draws, (other than A1c, RBS, Fbs) Removal FB from eye, I&D abscess...

All procedures that a point and click would be nice to have. With Codes?

• Dr Lyndon Taylor commented  · 

Also Obstetrical Surgery and gynecological surgery should be coded with CPT codes to convey accurate information for the patients safety.

• Dr Harris commented  · 

I want to VOTE 100 times!! I have a cash practice and you currently have no way to do this outside of Billing, which I do not have

• Dr Faiq Hasan commented  · 

The office staff should have the ability to eneter these codes without an encounter. Some of these visits are just for vaccines, shots, other procedures/test etc for which a doctor may not see them at all.

• Mrs Lori Dunnavant commented  · 

It would be helpful for the nurse to have a place in the encounter SOAP note to chart in office testing results such as urinalysis or rapid strep without having to open a whole new chart note to document these.

• Dr Lyndon Taylor commented  · 

When we chart procedures and history of procedures we need to identify that surgery by CPT code. We need to document CPT codes into the patients history. Please make a pick list for CPT codes under the category of Surgical History.

• Dr David Acevedo commented  · 

And track CPT codes category II, for HEDIS criterias like Smoke cessation orientation, depression evaluation

Feedback and Knowledge Base