Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Allow patients to cancel and/or reschedule appointments

Can you enhance Patient Fusion functionality to allow patients to cancel and/or reschedule their own appointments online, rather than having to call the office? Would need to have boundaries. For example, only allow canceling or rescheduling up to 24 hours before appointment (if within that 24 hours, must email or call office).
Thank you.

37 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Resolved  ·  Nina responded  · 

Great news! We have released the ability allowing patients to reschedule and cancel appointments from their patient portal.

Thanks for providing all of your input and requests for this feature and we’re delighted to release it.

You can learn more about this feature here:

How to process the requests:
    http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/713967-how-do-i-process-online-appointment-booking-resche

How a patient booking an appointment online:
    http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/713775

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • J Steve Mayo commented  · 

It would be an intuitive improvement to ensure the appointments offered for rescheduling would fit the appointment being rescheduled. For under 30-min this just works already. For a 1-hour appointment, a 1 hour opening should be offered up.

• Dr Malaika Berkeley commented  · 

Hi,

I see that you have indicated that this has been resolved. However, patients can only reschedule or cancel (or be rescheduled by staff) if they use the patient portal I believe. Could you remove that restriction. I am a Psychiatrist and don't usually allow pts access to the patient portal. Therefore I am prevented from using this feature but it would be a great feature to be able to use.
        Thanks.

• Dr Marc Tanenbaum commented  · 

Yes, a great idea for offices where the EHR is open all the time, 8-5. But my EHR is open only when my patients need me. So this functionality is meaningless to me unless canceling or rescheduling is texted or emailed to me as a notification to my Smart Phone. Without notification to my phone, I will not know the appointment has been canceled or rescheduled.

Feedback and Knowledge Base