Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Merge Duplicate Patients

Occasionally, duplicate patient records are created. We would like to have the ability to merge duplicate patients' information.

2,113 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Lizette Santiago shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

74 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Please please either make a way to delete or merge a duplicate chart !!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Practice Fusion needs to find a way to provide us with the ability to merge duplicate patient records.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Delete or merge !at least one of he options should be available.

• Kayla commented  · 

Please Fix!

• Ms Brittany Murray commented  · 

Merge would be a very valuable feature since duplicate patients happen from time to time. Nice to merge their info versus having to bounce between an active and inactive record.

• Anonymous commented  · 

i'm very surprised there is no merge option yet. please add this as it it will be a convenience to many

• Dr Vinette Tummings commented  · 

Why hasn't someone thought of a way to fix this? People are human. I'm having the same problem and the labs go to the inactive patient which is the duplicate!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I entered a client and another employee accidentally entered the same client. Now the client has been entered into the system twice and I cannot remove or merge. It would be nice to be able to do that. Please consider making this feature a possibility in the future.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Occasionally, duplicate patient records are created. We would like to have the ability to merge duplicate patients' information.

• Scott Jones commented  · 

I'm surprised this hasn't been accomplished yet.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I WOULD LIKE THE AVILITY TO BE ABLE TO MERGE PATIENT WHEN A DUPLICATE CHART HAS BEEN CREATED

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, We would like to have the function

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes. Please add this feature.

• Mary Hampton commented  · 

I am in agreement with Lizette Santiago regarding the merging of duplicate patient records, which are most if not all times created in error.

• Faune Towery commented  · 

Please make this either a pop up alert when a duplicate chart is created or find a way to merge when duplicate charts are created.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base