Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Include Fax # on Print Lab Orders

It would be helpful for my fax number to appear below my telephone number in the printed lab order. Although it is listed in my facility settings, it currently does not print.
Some labs which are not connected fax results directly to me and they are hesitant to do so when it is not printed on the order.

113 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ms Claudia Dogan-Coles commented  · 

This would be very helpful to automatically include, so it helps maintain continuity of care and we are able to receive results more consistently from patient's results! I write it in the note box, but still have labs or hospitals who don't notice it and I don't receive results by the patient's follow up appointment. Thank you!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Fax # needs to be included on all diagnostic orders. Please add next to practice phone #.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Need the fax# to print on the orders for labs and diagnostic.

• Ms Heather Vernillo commented  · 

Please print the fax number on the lab scripts like you do with RX scripts. I don't always have an account with the lab my patient goes to

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please add fax number on printed lab and imaging orders.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please allow the office fax number to be added to lab orders. We receive most labs by fax and there are many lab providers.
    We have to hand write the fax number on the orders

• Penny L Kugelman commented  · 

The office fax number needs to appear on the lab order. I am having to write it on each one and it is too time consuming. The number is already in practicefusion. This would be a big help. Thank you

• Alba Perez commented  · 

It would be helpful for my fax number to appear below my telephone number in the printed lab order. Although it is listed in my facility settings, it currently does not print.
    Some labs which are not connected fax results directly to me and they are hesitant to do so when it is not printed on the order.

• Amanda commented  · 

Having the office fax number on a lab or imagine requisition should be standard. We are sending these orders to facilities and they have no fax number to send results, leaving the ordering office to call and track down results. Over the last couple weeks we have been getting complaints stating there is no fax number on our requisitions. I see that multiple people have requested this feature be added, I think it would be extremely help for everyone to add this.

• Anonymous commented  · 

i agree Please let us our Fax Number show on all orders!

• Mrs Sheree Young commented  · 

Why can't this quickly be added to the practice information section of the lab/image orders? You already have a field for the practice fax number. Just let it populate on the orders. Please! Way too much time tracking down results just to be told they didn't know where to fax it!! Please. Add to your to do list. We can't use Updox for these orders. We print them, stamp with a stamp I bought that says "Fax Results to ...." and then we fax. So inefficient. Help us.

• Dr David Lyter commented  · 

We totally agree. The fax number needs to appear on both printed lab requisitions AND on those for imaging that we give to patients. We spend too much time on the phone trying to get results from vendors that cannot send them electronically.

• Mr Seth Merritt commented  · 

Yes I totally agree, it is causing multiple phone calls a day and the labs are coming in via mail instead of via our electronic fax machine. So it wastes paper, we then have to do more scanning, it is taking more time and money.
    Should be a simple fix, no?

• Sheila commented  · 

Please include Provider Fax number on "lab and imaging orders", so that facilities know where to fax results to.

• Ms Lori Muhlenkamp commented  · 

YES! It would help so much to be able to receive the orders we request!

• Mrs Dinah Olson commented  · 

Please consider implementing this soon. To type our fax number on every order is very time consuming.

• Chad C. Turner MD, FAAFP commented  · 

Printed lab orders need to have the practice's fax number on them. If the provider needs to print a lab order for a lab that is not interfaced with Practice Fusion, the reference lab needs to know how to fax back the results.

Feedback and Knowledge Base