Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Attach documents to chart notes

Can you or could you record heart sounds and save as MP3 into the assessment SOAP note or some other part of the patient record?

20 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

David McAllister, RN shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dr Robert Wartell commented  · 

I very often have paper documents that should rightfully be attached to an encounter. I request this feature.

• James M. Coticchia, MD commented  · 

This would be very beneficial for our practice. We regularly perform hearing tests on several patients and we would like the option to attach the results in the assessment section of the encounter note.

• Meera commented  · 

Would like to show on encounter under plan -labs ordered, immunization done, tests ordered like xray, mri, ct, referral done for ? also time spent on encounter to help billers etc so it is available on each encounter

• Mrs Dinah Olson commented  · 

It would be very helpful to attach documents to office notes. Currently I have to type out results of radiology or labs to include in the office note.

• Cole commented  · 

My practice uses a lot of PDF documents uploaded to patient charts for assessments and progress notes. Currently, when you upload a document to a patient chart, it does not appear in the encounters list and it cannot be attached to an encounter. For billing purposes, we have to write an encounter that points to the uploaded document. However, the document takes several clicks to even find.

It would be much better to allow the option to either attach a document directly to an encounter or to allow documents to be labeled as encounters.

Feedback and Knowledge Base