Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Permanently delete terminated employees from the User List

Have the ability to permanently remove employees that have been terminated from the practice on PF

372 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

PLakis shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

26 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  · 

Please add the ability to delete users that are no longer with the organization. Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  · 

As a non-profit with a volunteer staff that comes and goes, we need the ability to delete users as our list is huge and is complicated. Those who are no longer staff members will not be returning. Please help us in this area. Thank you, Jeri Ann King, Executive Director

• Dr Ginger Scoggin commented  · 

Anyone who has provided coverage for me in the past was later given inactive status. However, this prevented them from using their e-mail address to set up another PF account. We tried a work-around (thinking we were clever) by creating a generic clinic e-mail address for temporary clinicians. However, once that person was deactivated, our cleverly created generic e-mail address was no longer usable.

This should be a very easy fix...and one that will help small practices.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree. Please add this feature to be able to delete all terminated employees.

• Lisa Ferris commented  · 

this is annoying but you CAN go in and change the user NAME so its not that employees name anymore.

• Chawntele Flowers commented  · 

We also have a couple of users who's email address was entered incorrectly and the account has never been set up. They are sitting in the user list, the name shows up on the schedule and as an option in the task and message list. It's a bear trying to figure out which is the active account and which is not.
    Please at least allow for all inactive accounts to delete after a designated space of time.

• DrLorilee commented  · 

Ditto to all of the above. There are 20 people on our user list that are terminated employees. Some I don't even wish to remember. Please allow deletion.

• Lisa elieson commented  · 

I agree. I want to completely delete access.

• Anony Mus commented  · 

Should have ability to terminate employees from the list, and access. Inactivity is NOT enough. Can put a termination date. Also after 7 years they should be completely deleted from the system. A lot of vendors have access too, and they should be terminated completely and not even remain as inactive

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, we need to be able to delete employees who no longer work here. The inactive user list is ridiculously long.

• Sue Aguilar commented  · 

This is a most confusing problem. I can't understand why it is not possible to delete employees who are no longer employed. We want the ability to COMPLETELY delete them from our PF account.

• Anonymous commented  · 

when having someone cover my practice, i have added them as a user and then made them inactive when coverage is over. This has then prevented them from using the same email to set up their own Practice Fusion accounts later. There needs to be a way to remove individuals from the practice both for my sake and theirs.

• Ms Gail Otto commented  · 

very important to remove a former employees name completely

• Anonymous commented  · 

pls remove inactive users permanently or not show up in main screen ,schedule screen

• Anonymous commented  · 

We must have the ability to completely remove a terminated employee's name and profile from our PF account. This is our clinic's record keeping system and we should have total control of our own employee listing. Please prioritize this action.

• Jeannine Cannito commented  · 

HAVE to have the ability to delete terminated employees!!!!!

• Ms Myra Howard commented  · 

OR yes, fully hiding names. I understand why we can't eliminate names for medi/legal reasons but it is a long list of non-users now.

• Dr James Walden commented  · 

Need to limit visible staff names to first name and maybe first initial of last name to protect employees' privacy!

• Ms Rachel Goldstein commented  · 

I have 2 users unable to complete initial sign up due to email problems (one user email address was entered incorrectly, the other was never able to complete signing up). Now PF won't allow me to resend a verification link, edit the email address, or delete these users that have never been activated. I can't add these users as new since the only email address they have is already logged in PF and can no longer be reused even though the user never activated their account or logged in.
    I'm trying to keep my user list minimal but PF is making it impossible by not allowing deletion of any user accounts even those that aren't and have never been users. Please edit this policy and spare your users a lot of aggravation. Thank you.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base