Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Mark Messages as Unread

We would like to be able to mark messages as Unread, to keep them available for reading in the future.

71 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Leah shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dr Ana Kimel commented  · 

Please, PLEASE do something so messages stay after in sight after they are read and do NOT disappear off screen, I read them then sometimes have to wait until later to take care of the issue and they disappear! Then I can't remember the details. Or at least have them appear grayed out after read but still there so I can at least remember to take care of it. Thanks.

• Kanina Crosen commented  · 

We notice that a lot of messages get overlook because we read them but can't address them until late. It would GREAT if we could change the status to unread so that we can revisit the email at a later time.

• Robby Gillmore commented  · 

Hi! I've been running into an issue at our practice where sometimes messages get overlooked or delayed too long if they cannot be dealt with at the time they are seen. I wonder if Practice Fusion could add a feature enabling us to mark messages as "unread" again after they are read? I realize it is a little thing, but it would greatly help our practice better serve our high patient volume by not letting messages sit for a while on accident without taking action. Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you!

• Mrs Tova Lieberman commented  · 

This would be really really helpful when there are items in the messages that require a revisit. Please consider adding this feature!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes! I may peek at my messages, but don't always have the time to adequately address them. When the message alert disappears from the tasks scrren, I forget that I have messages and are not addressed in a timely manner.

• Dr. Jacob B. Goldstein commented  · 

There are so many messages that we need to stand out (unread) since they relate to a future date. Otherwise they look like all the other read messages and get "lost in the crowd"
    Thanks

Feedback and Knowledge Base