Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Hover over appointment to see Reason for Visit in Week View

It would be helpful if the ability to view the reason for the visit could be seen when hovering over the appointment in the week view

181 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

FPMSU shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Would like to see appointment details added in so it shows when you hover over the appointment in the weekly view calendar. It now shows patient name, time and appointment type. Wanting it to show what is being done or discussed in appointment.
        Example: Breast Augmentation or excision of mole on left side of face.
        Those are some examples. That way we would not have to open the appointment up to see what the patient is being seen for.

• Dr. Jacob B. Goldstein commented  · 

Yes, most practitioners schedule patients every 15 minutes. At least, I think that is a good average. So the problem is that you can't see the Chief Complaint in the Day screen for any of the 15 minute appointments. So it's 2 more mouse clicks and some waiting to get this information, for every 15 minute patient!
        The info. that pops up when hovering over the appt. is very quick and doesn't require a mouse click.
        The dept. at Pract. Fusion that is assigned to reducing mouse clicks in this program should definitely take a look at this idea.

• Mrs Sheree Young commented  · 

The Chief Complaint is abbreviated on the schedule. When I hover over that appointment with my mouse, I would like to be able to read the entire comment in the chief complaint section. We currently have to open the appointment to read why the patient is coming in if the comment is too long.

• Kelly Scully commented  · 

Wondering if this will be a planned update? Of all the features, I miss this one the most!!

• Glaucoma Doc commented  · 

Was just about to suggest this, and I found that someone beat me to it. This is very helpful, because I just can't see all the details in the normal view, and when I hover over the appointment, it doesn't tell me the reason (just knowing the appointment type doesn't do much for us).

• Bo Smith commented  · 

Yes, with miss this BIG TIME since you could do it with the old Practice Fusion. It is a HUGE time saver and allows us to better care for our patients at a glance !!!!!!

• Valerie commented  · 

Yes, this is definitely a missing feature that is much needed! I agree with Debby as well. I cannot see the reason for a schedule block in the Week view. It should appear directly on the schedule in Week view as well as when hovering.

• Debby commented  · 

We definitely want this! Especially with schedule blocks, it would be very helpful to be able to see the details without having to doubleclick an appointment or a block.

The old Practice Fusion had this, and it was really helpful to be able to quickly reference information.

• Elizabeth Lopez commented  · 

Please bring this feature back! It really makes a difference, in a busy practice, when it is necessary to quickly reference details of an appointment.

• Dana Evans commented  · 

Really miss being able to hover over apt and see the appointment notes

• Maria Bennecke commented  · 

This is a MUST. Having to click and open up the appt wastes a lot of time. Also not having the schedule on the HOUR, not 45 min is very difficult when trying to schedule pts.

• Andy commented  · 

Much like others below, we use that area to register if an appointment has been confirmed. Now we have to click on the appointment, which does not always respond in a timely manner. This engenders more friction in an already busy practice.

• Ms Cheri Huff commented  · 

also time display!! when we hover it doesn't show time like it did before...

• Kelly Scully commented  · 

We also use this spot to acknowledge confirmed appointments. We really miss the ability to hover over the appointment slot to see if the patients have been confirmed yet (in the reason box)

Feedback and Knowledge Base