Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Mass message to groups of patients

Would be great to have the ability to send mass email/message to all patients or specified groups of patients. This would be helpful to inform them of vacations, acute changes in practice, location change, new services, etc.

223 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dr Lokesh Reddy shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sue Overkamp, DO commented  · 

Being able to reach all my patients by email through this EHR would be a great functionality for me. I just changed clinic sites and need to let every patient know my new address--without their knowing one another's email addresses and other PHI.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Agree that the ability to communicate via eMail to a group or all patients with messages, and not just appointment times to individuals, would be super helpful.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This EHR is very practical and easy to use. We all like that and thanks to all the PF staff who have been working hard to provide us an excellent and easy to use EHR. Since we are now in the process of encouraging communications between the patients and the doctors office it would be a great update if we the providers can easily communicate with all the patients in the practice with a single stroke on the keyboard. It will save us from the enormous amount of expenses on just the postage alone not even considering the staff time saved. Furthermore, the communications will be documented on the charts. This will be very useful for providers who are retiring and providers who will be taking over the practice. Please work on this update as soon as possible.

• Dr Samuel Sharmat commented  · 

Yes, absolutely! For all of the reasons listed below: sudden clinic closures, changes in insurance acceptance, changes in hours, holiday hours, changes in staffing, wellness reminders

• Jorge Schmidt commented  · 

At this moment Hurricane Maria pass thru Puerto Rico. Send notifications to all patient is crucial, but almost imposible send email one by one. I hope Practice Fusion could work on this feature asap. Thank you

• Anonymous commented  · 

We would like to be able to send general e-mails to all patients to keep them informed of any changes that may affect their care in any way to give patients options and be able to receive the best possible care.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would be a great feature - much like constant contact.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, please. I agree that this feature is a necessity.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I support mass messaging to patients!

• Dr Dustin Sherman commented  · 

This is necessary for office hours changes, vacation, and office updates. Please consider this change!

• Peter Marcantel commented  · 

Would like to add our name to the list concerning this recommendation. It would be extremely helpful to be able to send generic messages to large groups of patients.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Essential tool for communication in practice with large patient volume.

Thank you for addressing this important feature.

Norman S. Levy, MD, PhD

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please create a way for practices to send out mass e-mails.

Thank you,
    Sylvia

• Dr Kenneth Holling MD FCCP commented  · 

As previously suggested that ability to do mass mailings to the patients would be an invaluable tool Please Please Please!

• Nutan Nadkarni commented  · 

I agree - it is painful to copy/paste each email address to send a global mail to all patients. I had assumed this feature to exist since it is among the first few things any Practice would like to use their patient email addresses for.
    I am stunned to see this feature not to exist.

• Kelly Topley commented  · 

We should have the ability to send a mass email to patients. We are moving the location of our practice and the actual move date is up in the air. It would be so nice to be able to do a mass email with this information.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base