Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Delete custom document types

I need a way to delete the custom document types. I really like the feature of being able to make our own custom labels, but when a label gets entered by mistake, or spelled incorrectly, there needs to be the option to delete it.

670 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ms Rachelle Garrett shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

147 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

This is good that we can delete the document types we do not need, but there should be a way where we can limit the custom made document type the admin should have where they can lock it so, staff does not create their own and multiple document type of the same name. please let me know if there is a way an admin can control this issue.

• Robbyn commented  · 

This an absolutely necessary function. This has been an issue for a very long time.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Definitely in full support of this function ASAP, especially since we will be paying soon and this is such a fundamental need because of easy typos.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This was originally requested almost 3 years ago. This needs to be addressed and fixed. Especially now that we are having to pay for the EHR, we need to have the capability to customize our document types however we please.

• Anonymous commented  · 

please fix!! It take to much time when extra document types cannot be deleted or merged!!

• Mr Wensheng Jen commented  · 

Please add this feature. I agree.
        From a database view, changing drop-down lists may be difficult...however if scripted to default to a document type "unsorted" the user can then go back and select the correct object type. so any documents type that have been removed is replaced by the type "unsorted" in the database.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Completely agree!! This feature would be far better with the option to delete! Please work on this it is just plain irritating.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree I really need to clean this, too many doc types, ost created by mistake!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

We have so many extra document types because we are unable to delete when it is entered by mistake. It would be awesome to be able to delete the.

• Natalie commented  · 

It would be amazing to be able to delete custom document types, especially considering how easy it is to create them by mistake. Some accidentally created document types are so similar to the original, it is a concern that documents will be placed in the wrong type. Please work on this, it would be so helpful. Thank you.

• Sapan Bindal commented  · 

PLEASE PLEASE give us access to delete custom document types. It is so bulky to sift through

• Karen Spear commented  · 

I really need to be able to delete custom document types. It is so easy to mistakenly add custom document types ..my list of document types is getting way too long and we need to get rid of incorrect ones.
        Please work on this. Thanks

• Paulette Krumel commented  · 

YES, Please! We also need to be able to "merge" the document type when associating files.
        Thank you!

• Courtney Surls commented  · 

We REALLY need this feature! Especially since we are also using Updox, and when users are text searching for document type, they sometimes hit enter too fast and create a new type. This is going to end up making things MUCH more difficult in the end, especially as the clinic staff has overturn and we have to train new people. // Courtney

• Gloria Cao commented  · 

Of all things, I feel like this should be the easiest feature to add/fix. Love the fact that we are able to create our custom document types but don't understand why there's no way to edit/delete if you misspell.

• Anonymous commented  · 

There definitely needs to be a way to edit and/or delete the document types that are listed. Some custom ones have been added incorrectly or misspelled and makes the list way too long. I see this has been a concern of quite a few practices for quite a while now. This should be an easy fix and done immediately. This interferes with work flow and causes errors and additional work. Please enable editing to document types ASAP.

• Brook commented  · 

I visited this issue 1 year ago. Our list of document types that includes typos has grow especially when new hires are learning. Please create a way for us to delete the errors and incorrect document types.

• Mary commented  · 

Yes - please make a way to delete document types that are not being used! Half of them are not relevant for our practice and just make things cluttered.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base