Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Delete custom document types

I need a way to delete the custom document types. I really like the feature of being able to make our own custom labels, but when a label gets entered by mistake, or spelled incorrectly, there needs to be the option to delete it.

684 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ms Rachelle Garrett shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

147 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Haley commented  · 

Please allow the ability to delete custom document types!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Delete custom document types in practice fusion. I have made mistakes in adding the incorrect document and am not using that specific document and would like to be able to remove it from the system.

• JESSICA R commented  · 

The ability to delete custom documents is a necessity in order to keep office documents from going into the wrong area.

• Anonymous commented  · 

PF needs to allow users/admin to REMOVE document types types!!!

• Mr William Walsh commented  · 

please allow the ability to delete custom document types as there are typos etc. This makes for a crowded unprofessional appearance in addition to taking extra time to find the correct drop down.

• Anonymous commented  · 

We need to be able to delete or update the "bucket" list for documents. I have alot of erroneous spelled words that are now a permanent part of my list. VERY ANNOYING.

• Mrs Ashlie Greene commented  · 

Please please please add this feature! I have accidentally added new document types and most often they will not even be a complete word! I need a way to clean them up and delete mistakes. If someone has already tagged a document with a mistake maybe it can then just reset to default and say "other"

• Dr Barry Press commented  · 

having the ability to add, but not delete, a custom document type, is silly and not in keeping with the logical way that PF continues to be improved.

• Mrs Anyka Kindy commented  · 

People make mistakes, we need to have the ability to fix them. Not sure why this is not already an integrated part of the system

• Jun Xu commented  · 

Yes, it's very important to organize the documents

• JL commented  · 

YES!

• Janae Pedersen commented  · 

YES PLEASE! We have so many created erroneously. This is a real problem.

• Brook commented  · 

Please make a priority!

• Megan Haerst commented  · 

ASAP there needs to be a way to delete the document type!!!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

PLEASE!! This issue needs to be addressed sooner rather than later, as more and more documents get added to incorrect categories, users continue to accidentally add misspelled categories, and we continue to perpetuate inaccuracies in the system. At a very minimum, please consider immediately removing the ability for all users to add categories while you continue to work on a way to have admins only add & delete categories. Problems such as this that allow for inaccurate information to be permanently stored in the system should be addressed BEFORE any "enhancement" type functionality. Thank you.

• Jose E Piovanetti, MD commented  · 

This capability (i.e.deleting unwanted document types, or renaming existing document type "labels"), or lack thereof, is driving the people in our practice nuts. Please count me in on supporting the ability to:
    - Delete created document types categories. Which could be accompanied by the ability of deleting a category, and if any documents are found already assigned to such category, to reassign them to another "existing" category automatically.
    - Rename document type categories. Since there are times when a new needed category is entered, but typed incorrectly and shows as a Typo.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Would greatly appreciate the ability to delete document types as many of the premade types are not applicable to my practice. Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree! This needs to be added!

Feedback and Knowledge Base