Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Delete custom document types

I need a way to delete the custom document types. I really like the feature of being able to make our own custom labels, but when a label gets entered by mistake, or spelled incorrectly, there needs to be the option to delete it.

684 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ms Rachelle Garrett shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

147 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ms Cheryl Trone commented  · 

It is very frustrating, when we try to be careful to not create document types on accident, but there will be a new employee or other circumstances, where they have been created. Now we have things like "Pa", and "Referr" half words that are cluttering up the dropdown menu, and slows the uploading process. Please, please, please allow us do delete custom document types. Thank you.

• Susan commented  · 

Adding document types should only be accessible to admin users. Our list is getting out of control even though we have asked employees not to add without prior approval. It is too easy for someone to add a document type on a whim. Please, Please fix this feature and let Admin have the ability to clean up the lists or add new document types.

• Mary Christman commented  · 

I agree with r champagne. Being able to add document types should only be an administrative feature. If you could see what is added in mine you would understand. Please add this feature ASAP.

• r champagne commented  · 

Please, do this asap and make an admin only feature. It is critical in our practice to be allowed to add/delete doc types and, again, this should only be an admin privilege!

• J Steve Mayo commented  · 

Being able to correct typos in the custom document types list would be great. No need to edit the default list, but we have a few typos which we'd prefer to correct.

• Anonymous commented  · 

There should be a way to remove erroneous Document Types. Also, There should be a confirmatory hard stop "yes or no" before new Document types are saved to prevent error Document types to be saved when instead the user wished to just search document types.

• Maggie commented  · 

It would be great if we could edit the document Type base on our practice

• Ms Beatrice Rigby commented  · 

I hope this feature is implemented. Also, it would be ideal if a prompt to update documents tagged with a deprecated document type would allow us to re-categorize those files, even if they're signed. Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please allow us to edit and delete. It is such a necessary option. My drop down pre populated list is getting too long. Please alert when that option is available. Eagerly awaiting!!!

• COLFM commented  · 

Please allow us to edit and delete. It is such a necessary option. My dropdown list is getting too long. Please alert when that option is available. Eagerly awaiting.

• Stephanie commented  · 

yes I agree whole heartily I would love to have this ability and need it

• Emily commented  · 

Once custom document categories are created, we would love to be able to edit them! Unfortunately, my office staff has created 3-4 custom document categories that are misspelled! I have no way to edit them or delete them.

• Robbyn Burger commented  · 

Please create a way to edit document types if they were put in incorrectly or the description doesn't quite fit.

• Emma commented  · 

Please add this!

• Anonymous commented  · 

When we entered the scanned document in the system we want to standardize the types of documents. Since our account has created an endless number of types of documents we delete the document types that will not use more. Request is allowed in the system change the type of document signing pending cases. And the system allows to eliminate document types.

• Ms Sandra Cox commented  · 

When creating document types, we need to be able to delete and edit the document types.

• Paulette Krumel commented  · 

Agree - need a way to delete a custom document name

Feedback and Knowledge Base