Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Delete custom document types

I need a way to delete the custom document types. I really like the feature of being able to make our own custom labels, but when a label gets entered by mistake, or spelled incorrectly, there needs to be the option to delete it.

684 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ms Rachelle Garrett shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

147 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • nc commented  · 

There's couple of custom labels(document types) that were entered by mistake but there's no option to delete it. Is there anyway that I can limit the access to the staff to be able to make changes to setup or need to be able to correct it by deleting error input.

• Rosie R commented  · 

Document type that have been created, some in error, we do not have ability to delete, Example Pat was entered in error, should of been Pathology. Our list is getting long with not be able to delete errors.

• Ms Lisa Arnold commented  · 

I'm faced with the issue that users have added categories in the Document Type and they hit enter before they were done typing. I have categories such as "ref" or "pre," for example. I would like to be able to delete these errors. Also, I have duplicate Document Type categories that I would like to delete.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Edit Document Types Yes! at the very least be able to delete or edit custom document types.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be EXTREMELY useful for our practice. Would also like to limit who can free text a document type.

• Ms Jane Gasiorowski commented  · 

Being able to delete doc types would be a great feature. We only use a few of the many listed and no longer use the ones we created. Please let us delete.

• Chris A commented  · 

I also want to delete some of the provided document types. There are too many to scroll through, encumbers our work flow.

• Violet Juodakis commented  · 

The feature of being able to make our own custom labels is a great thing, but when a name is spelled incorrectly there is no way to edit nor delete it. I really think adding and edit button would help out a lot.

• Tami commented  · 

I would love an update to this issue, in the meantime since I cannot delete the mistakes, documents are getting signed incorrectly and will make it difficult to delete that category later. Please alert us when it is resolved.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would be extremely useful please add this feature!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would save time to not have to scroll through document types we don't use to find the ones we do.

• Rossy commented  · 

There's got to be a way to undo, delete, or change a document type. Also, we need a chart merge option too, we have a lot of duplicates.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree it is so easy to mistakenly add a document type name when searching for one by if you press enter twice then you just add a document name and then there is no way to delete it. We have so many document names that we do not use.

• Anon commented  · 

Agree with below: "Right now we can add a document type, but if it is misspelled, or not needed anymore, we cannot remove it. Also, we do not need most of the document types PF already supplies. Please let us customize this to our specific needs."

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would make the process alot easier for our office. There are several document types that are not relevant to our office, it would be great if there was a way to customize by deleting the types that are not used by us.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree. We do not use many of the document types and have added others which makes the process longer and more tedious to scroll through all those that we do not use or are not appropriate. We also misspelled a document type and are unable to change it.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Need to be able to delete chart created mistakenly or duplicated.

Feedback and Knowledge Base