Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Delete custom document types

I need a way to delete the custom document types. I really like the feature of being able to make our own custom labels, but when a label gets entered by mistake, or spelled incorrectly, there needs to be the option to delete it.

684 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ms Rachelle Garrett shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

147 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dr. Gary Klingsberg commented  · 

Crucial to minimize time scrolling through the many types not appropriate for my practice and to delete those that staff erroneously added that are duplicative or misspelled in error.
    Thanks for your anticipated attention to this.

• Wayne Whitwam commented  · 

Agreed. Would love to edit document types as well.

• Kristen commented  · 

I agree, we need to be able to inactivate or delete document types that our practice does not use or that are entered inappropriately. I find that we are scanning through a long list of types we will never use which is time consuming.

• C Taylor commented  · 

This feature would benefit us greatly!

• Alayna commented  · 

Please allow us to delete custom document types.
    Duplicates, mistakes, etc. Ah!!
    The delete feature would make everyone's life so much easier.

• Ms Lisa Arnold commented  · 

I would like to suggest a way that we can delete Document Type categories. Some of my staff members have added in categories that either we won't use or that already exist creating a duplicate.

• Nicole Smith commented  · 

Different practices require different needs, and we should be able to customize our list of documents, and filter them appropriately. Right now we can add a document type, but if it is misspelled, or not needed anymore, we cannot remove it. Also, we do not need most of the document types PF already supplies. Please let us customize this to our specific needs.

• john commented  · 

Please add this!

• Anonymous commented  · 

There needs to be a feature where you can manipulate the document types to make them specific to what works for each individual practice.

• Hallie commented  · 

Would it be possible to be able to edit/manage the document types for the documents? I have accidentally added duplicate document type groupings and would like to be able to remove/edit them. Thank you!

• Tami commented  · 

Please tell us how to delete document types that we customized and made errors/duplicates?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please help me delete a custom document type that was added by mistake.

• DocMom27 commented  · 

would like to delete some document types that we don't use - it takes a lot of time to scroll
    through them.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please have the ability to delete document types that were created accidentally. I like that you're able to create custom ones, but when it's added accidentally, they're really quite annoying.

• Heather commented  · 

Same here, need to be able to delete document types that are not used

• Anonymous commented  · 

There are a lot of document types that our practice will NEVER use. It would be wonderful to have a way to choose just those that are applicable!

• Anonumous commented  · 

please help me delete a custom document type that was added by mistake

• Ashley commented  · 

Definitely would be a great help to be able to delete duplicate custom document types.

• Ms Rebekah Nelson commented  · 

Would it be possible to delete the names of document types when uploading a document? (Particularly those that were accidentally added).

• Nicholas Powell commented  · 

Need to delete these custom document types. People around my office accidentally added around three different 'correspondence' document types. The same for Radiology.

Feedback and Knowledge Base