Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Delete custom document types

I need a way to delete the custom document types. I really like the feature of being able to make our own custom labels, but when a label gets entered by mistake, or spelled incorrectly, there needs to be the option to delete it.

684 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ms Rachelle Garrett shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

147 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  · 

I need a way to delete the document types so that the list is more refined and customized. I really like the feature of being able to make our own custom labels, but when a label gets entered by mistake, is no longer in use, or spelled incorrectly, there needs to be the option to delete it.

• Ms Julianne Tunnelle commented  · 

Please allow us to delete document types. I feel like we've added approximately a dozen on accident and we really need a way to get rid of them.

• Dr Jasen Pedersen commented  · 

Yes please! This would be very helpful. We have some created as duplicates/spelling errors and it's driving me mad that they cannot be corrected.....

• Cheryl Mazur commented  · 

I found out the hard way that we can now create document types when uploading documents. However our office has accidentally created two document types that are duplicated or irrelevant. Please fix two things. Allow to delete document types created by user and editing capabilities. Last please add on a security of something like "do you really want to create this document type?" Thanks, Cheryl Mazur

• Kari Messenger commented  · 

This is a terrible pain, i have 6 errors that have made me a new doc type because of this....example, i went to type "ult" for ultrasound and i hit enter to fast and it saved the "ult' and this has happened to other types to so alot of unnecessary doc types.

• Dr Noah Weiss commented  · 

Absolutely! Different practices require different needs, and we should be able to customize our list of documents, and filter them appropriately. Right now we can add a document type, but if it is misspelled, or not needed anymore, we cannot remove it. Also, we do not need most of the document types PF already supplies. Please let us customize this!!!And while I am at it, can we please have a filter for Encounters?

• Anonymous commented  · 

We would like to see a way to delete categories from our timeline and also export existing documents to new categories.

• Edward commented  · 

Yes, please have this option for us so it can be easier for us to organize our Documents.

• Cheri commented  · 

I agree with deleting existing documents types that we do not use. Or last least having the capibility of changing the name of them.

• Dawn commented  · 

Yes and the option of deleting existing document types not used in our facility.

• KN commented  · 

Yes - please allow us to delete and/or edit existing custom document types.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes please! I need to delete document types that have been added by mistake! Please help!

• Ms Rae Ann Del Pozzo commented  · 

In addition to deleting an unused document type, it would be extremely beneficial if we were able to merge or change a document type name. This would be similar to the way the chart of accounts works in QuickBooks.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would be really helpful. There are several categories we don't use and others we have added that we would like to remove.

• Sarah O. commented  · 

This is incredibly useful for fixing those human errors we all make!

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be nice to clear the clutter out of the tab area. Our practice doesn't use 60-70% of those tabs.

Feedback and Knowledge Base