Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

One click to add diagnosis to encounter

Instead of clicking on a diagnosis within an encounter and then checking the box "add to encounter," there should be a one-click option (i.e. check box next to diagnosis) in encounter flow to attach diagnosis.

60 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dr Kriste Babbitt shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminAliza (Admin, Practice Fusion) commented  · 

Hi Ariel - this is specific to adding a diagnosis from the "Diagnoses" section of an encounter, rather than straight from the Assessment. If you scroll up in the note to "Diagnoses" and click on any diagnosis, you'll see the checkbox to "Attach diagnosis to this encounter" located below the Diagnosis Comment box.

• Ariel commented  · 

Looks like this is "resolved" to me: I only have to click a diagnosis once in order to add it to the Assessment section of the SOAP note. There's no checkbox for "add to encounter." Am I missing something?

• Dr Allison Fleming commented  · 

It would also be great if there were a way to attach all diagnosis codes from a previous visit.

• Andrew The commented  · 

Either entry of a new diagnosis/complaint or selection of a preexisting diagnosis in the Subjective section, followed by the appropriate text/template entry.
    Then, the diagnosis would be transferred automatically to the Assessment and Plan sections to minimize repeat entry.

Feedback and Knowledge Base