Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

View Total Number of Active Patients

You used to have an easy way for me to see the total number of active patients in my practice. I would like to have that feature back. The current way of going to reports and selecting age >0 and having to export to an excel sheet to get the number is too time consuming.

203 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Danielle shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Resolved  ·  Nina responded  · 

I am happy to report that you can review the number of active patients in your Practice Fusion account via the ‘Patient Import’ tile on your Practice Dashboard.

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminAliza (Admin, Practice Fusion) commented  · 

As mentioned in the resolution status update, the Patient Import tile will show the number of active patients in your Practice Fusion account.

• Mrs Casandra Zosel commented  · 

Is this Active patients or both active and inactive? I was told before that this was both...

• Dr Rodger Orman commented  · 

Under the patient dashboard, Import patients it has the number of patient records you have in your practice.

• Dr Mathew Lefkowitz commented  · 

Have the ability to see how many patients are scheduled for each day of the week from the weekly schedule view. We schedule patients from the weekly schedule tab and not being able to see how many patients are already scheduled on a particular day causes us to schedule too many patients for that day.

• dawn commented  · 

Yes, this is needed. Please consider adding the suggested "total number of active patients", as well as a way to show number of new patients in a given time frame. Thank you!

• MBA commented  · 

1) Need total number of active patients.

2) Need a way to flag charts that have not been accessed for a defined period of time: # months, 6 months 12 months etc.

3) Need a clock / calendar as a reminder for recurring events in the future such as certain tests etc.

Thanks for your consideration

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes! I often don't know that patients have left the practice until I pull up there charts and see they cancelled their f/u appt and haven't rescheduled for months. So I need to a way to flag charts that haven't been pulled for the last 3 -1 2 months. (Paper charts used color coded year tags so charts could be easily purged once a year based on the colored tab.)

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, please let us know when this is available, thank you.

• Anonymous commented  · 

important feature. Really need it.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Need help in running report of total number of patients in my practice.

• Angela commented  · 

yes please, this would help us clean up our database

• Bella commented  · 

I agree! We need an easy way to click on to see current daily count and potentially also a way to click to compare it to yesterdays or a week ago.

• Karen McClellan commented  · 

I agree! Our practice used the "Total Number of Active Patients" on a daily basis prior to the upgrade.

• Anonymous commented  · 

That feature is a must have. Please look into this. Thanks

Feedback and Knowledge Base