Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Create an After Visit Summary

Would be nice to create an After visit Summary that prints out after we have checked out an patient. The after visit summary would have the patient's next appointment on there, saving us time filling out an appointment card and will also double as a receipt for copayments. Ideally, everything could fit on one sheet of paper.

A small summary of the visit and what to do and not to do if patient has doctors orders. It would also have pertaining information for the patient to use once the visit was over and his or hers vitals for reference.

26 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Syrita shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dawn Delahousse commented  · 

If we could add in a list of referrals that were done for that visit as well with the referral's contact information in case the pt does not get a call in 3 to 5 days so they can call to make their appointment. Love the idea to be able to give a pt an electronic version of their AVS. Maybe an email to them to log into PF to see their AVS, or print it for pt's that are not confortable using a computer. I too would also like to add the current medicaiton list, as some pt's will keep that list with them to share with providers when needed.

• Jenny Cox commented  · 

If we could select what we want added like care plan and new medications added during this visit, the receptionist could print it once their appointment was scheduled saving office supplies as well as streamlining the checkout process.

• Charles Raine III commented  · 

I frequently complete the patient's record after they have left the office. Would like to send a summary through the patient portal.

• Tricia E Sauer, RDN CDN commented  · 

I agree with Dr. Gasman's comment on a feature that allows e-mailing of the AVS after the visit. I also would like to be able to enter free text into it.

Thank you,
    Tricia

• Dr Michael Gasman commented  · 

Beside "Plan" in the encounter screen there is a "Print visit Summary" selection. Adding next appointment etc to this summary is what we want. But most patients are out the door before an assessment and plan are compete. I recommend adding an "Email visit Summary" as well - this option could be an option when confirming the "sign encounter" pop up. Now I just need to get Emails on more patients. :)

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree. I would also like an after visit summary option to provide to patients.

• Jason commented  · 

We would also like to have a summary that explains the care-plan we have set up for our patient, so they have something to reference - as most of our patients are returning weekly for several months of treatment.

Feedback and Knowledge Base