Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Add "Mental Health care management (procedure)" as an Intervention?

Could you add "Mental Health care management (procedure)" to the list of positive depression screen interventions? most appropriate for psychiatric visit

22 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sherrell Campbell shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dr James Stallone commented  · 

we need to include specific screening tools into the screening/intervention format i.e. PHQ-9 for depression, MAHC-10 for fall screening, 6-CIT for cognitive function all of which are now required as part of quality measures. Just having positive or negative are far too generic and should have drop down forms to be completed instead

• Ms Marie DeBartolo commented  · 

Can you add a psychometric screening column - allowing to follow typical screening scores of PHQ-9 for depression and GAD-7 for anxiety?
    We are a psych practice and would like to track the trend of patient's scores over time.
    PCPs often use these screening tools, too. GOOD FOR ALL!

Thank you.

• Dr Elisabeth Noelke commented  · 

Or even better simplify it by adding a check box showing that the depression is being managed on the depression screening that we already have to do for adolescents and adults.

• Anonymous commented  · 

If you create new features and add-ins that tailor PF for more relevant use by MH practitioners, you will have access and maybe capture an enormous untapped market as MH clinicans are late arriving at the EHR and MU table. They have not been early adopters as a specialty. But the pressure is on them now and you have a window of opportunity to beat your competitors.
    I suggest that you create a behavioral health advisory board from some of your users who have been posting good suggestions here. I will volunteer myself.

• Anonymous commented  · 

An excellent idea. I would like to be able to create my own drop down menu for selection of procedures like screening tests, condition management protocols. The user could have a library of guideline-based condition management protocols that are stored and they can be selected by the title in a drop down menu. Eg., Adult depression management program (defined elsewhere in the EHR for global use)

Feedback and Knowledge Base