Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Native Android EHR App

78% of the mobile devices on the market are Android devices.
It only goes to extrapolate that 78% of physicians using mobile devices are using Android.

When will we be able to use Practice Fusion on an Android device?

iphone OS represents only 18% of the market (the remainder being the windows OS), so I would think that Android would have been the logical first step.

61 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Hi everyone. We released a beta version of a native Android EHR app in 2015. Due to very few downloads and utilization, we have decided to discontinue it and remove it from the app store.

If you are still passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  · 

Please develop a mobile friendly app. I need to be able to send prescriptions when out of the office and away from my regular computer for patients who need them. This is an essential function of Direct Primary Care. I am planning using Practice fusion full time but will need this ability, which I currently have with my EHR.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please develop an app we can use for this.

• Dr Douglas Haas commented  · 

I didn't know that an app was available. I am accessing on tablet through web browser but much slower than computer. I would really like to see a PF app developed. Perhaps survey the providers to see if there is enough interest.

• Anonymous commented  · 

can you please create an android app that has a scheduler to we can change appointments on the fly when not in the office

• Dr. Jacob B. Goldstein commented  · 

Why does this say "In Progress"? Isn't the app completed? I just installed it. I can see my schedule! People should be freaking out! This is amazing! Given all the stressful things I had to deal with today, I can't believe I can say that it's Practice Fusion that made finishing up the day, with me looking on the bright side.
    I thought I'd get an urgent e-mail about this. I just happened to see the feature on the side bar. This is big news. Shout it from the roof tops. I've been waiting for more than 2 years for this!
    Yes, the sizing for phone viewing could be improved and yes, it would be nice to have a Google calendar/Outlook integration, but this is a huge step. Thank you Pract. Fusion. It's a rare day that something about an EMR gets me feeling better.
    What a pleasure, feeling like I'm in line with the rest of the world, being able to see my schedule when I'm on the go.

• Ariel commented  · 

I'm the one who shared that feature idea- and it's a little different. Here, I'm talking about a separate feature- the ability to pull up PF and view my schedule. There, I'm talking about the ability to pull up GCal and see when I have appointments.

• Ariel commented  · 

Is there any chance the scheduler will be built first? By far the biggest potential benefit of an app, in my opinion, will be seeing my schedule on my phone. I'd like to be able to do that ASAP rather than waiting for the other modules to be built.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Awesome!

Thanks!

It also works pretty well on my browser on my Android.

Feedback and Knowledge Base