Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Medical Excuse Document

We would like to have a document in a document library that we manage that will allow us to fill out, save to a patient record, and print for them.

178 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ricardo Arroyo shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • m commented  · 

work / school note to be generated would help out.

• Chingchai Wanidworanun commented  · 

Yes, this should be available. Also letters such as TB screening certificate, termination letter, general health certificate, letters to patients.

• Dr Douglas Haas commented  · 

Yes! I am writing out medical excuses for school or work all the time. Having the patient's name, encounter date, and option to choose diagnosis - then fill in form and print out at the end of a visit would be a great time saver AND keep that work note permanently in the electronic record.

• Matt commented  · 

I agree, this would be very helpful

• Diana Duran commented  · 

Yes, it would be wonderful to be able to generate a school/work excuse through practice fusion.

• Rauf commented  · 

Yes please its very imp to have it within they system.

• Ms Cyharra Meadors commented  · 

We would like to be able to generate a school/work excuse thru practice fusion

• Dr. Jensen commented  · 

Also able to embed info that an excuse slip was given in the SOAP note (in plan maybe) when done at the time of a visit.

• Anonymous commented  · 

this is a need in our practice as well - for school and/or work

• Anonymous commented  · 

We need a medical excuse document to be printed from PF.
    thank you

• Anonymous commented  · 

AGREED, WOULD LIKE TO SEE ONE AVAILABLE

• Lorraine M commented  · 

Yes, the ability to have these excuses saved to the pt charts would be very helpful. Thanks

• Juanita Flint commented  · 

yes, we need a way to keep track of the actual work/school excuse notes. We have been experiencing some forged clinic notes.

In the chart, if there was an ICON for Excuse notes
    then you click on that it auto fills the date, pt date of birth, provider name and then the provider can write their note, print and sign and the note is attached to that visit.

• Ariel commented  · 

I'm interested in this only if it ends up saving me time. My current workflow is to open a folder, open the excuse.doc file, print it, write in pt's name, DOB, and today's date, check a couple of boxes, sign, and hand it to the pt.

My second concern is that I use modified letterhead for the excuse notes so it's not immediately obvious that I'm a psych provider. I'd need the same feature in a note printed through PF. The school or workplace doesn't need to know whether the pt saw a cardiologist or primary care provider, and they surely don't need to know which visits are for mental health, so anything that indicates specialty would ideally be left out.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would be very beneficial to our practice and I'm sure many more.

Feedback and Knowledge Base