Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

MODELS Social History

Under social history, there should be the ability to track MODELS: marital status,occupation, drugs, employment, level of education, sexual history

81 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Odion Ojo DC shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Edward Taubman commented  · 

2 entries re gender orientation/identity taking up valuable desktop space which I might use once year or less (plus would be concerned about privacy re anyone else seeing it) but NO place for what the person does for a living which I would want to know and document and use with every single encounter! Is the person having trouble with simple arithmetic but teaches mathematics or is he a brick layer who comes in with back pain; both examples of clinically important to know

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree that marital status, occupation, recreational drug use, employment status, level of education, and sexual history are all very important and should be included. However, I would also like the option to include information concerning Housing status, Exercise/activity level, Soda/sweet drink use, and Caffeine use.

• Ms Katie Montague commented  · 

I would like the marital status to be on the profile page on the patient's chart as part of the patient's demographic information.

• Ariel commented  · 

Would be nice to have structured data entry in these areas.

Ideally would be nice to have an option to copy the whole Social History into Subjective with a checkbox on each line indicating whether it was "reviewed with patient and updated if needed" during today's visit.

Honestly without the second option I doubt I would ever use the first option. In most practices it gets out of date too quickly if it is updated somewhere other than SOAP. More importantly, I want to be able to indicate in SOAP which information I updated that visit without having to double chart there and some other location in the EHR, especially because the specific list of which social history items were reviewed helps determine the CPT code for the visit (and everything supporting the CPT code should be within the SOAP note itself).

• Dr Mary Casals commented  · 

In this section, please include living situation : lives alone, lives with spouse, lives in assisted living facility, etc. Make it editable so we can add some notes.

• Dr Susan Scharf commented  · 

I would like a section to document relationship status. Options: Married, Divorced, Widowed, Single, Partnership, and option to write in.

Feedback and Knowledge Base