Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Patient Appointment Reminder Card Printouts

We would like the ability to print appointment reminder cards when the patient schedules his/her next appointment. Perhaps, you can add this "Print button" to the "New Appointment" and "Edit Appointment" boxes, next to the Cancel, Delete, and Save buttons.

As for the reminder, all it needs to say is:

"Mr./ Mrs. Example, You have an appointment scheduled with Dr. Blank on MM/DD/YYYY at TIME. If you need to reschedule or cancel your appointment, please contact our office."

Then add our practice information (address, phone, website, etc.) below the paragraph.

I know that we're trying to move to a paperless world, but patients still prefer to receive a paper reminder at the time of scheduling.

195 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mr Nicholas Marshall shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Debra Gibson commented  · 

It would be wonderful if I made an appointment for a patient on practice fusion, and the appointment could be printed off of practice fusion and give the printed appointment sheet to the patient. This would save our practice money by eliminating the cost of having cards printed and time by not having to manually fill out the cards.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please add the ability to print appointments. It would save time if we didn't have to hand write them. It looks like this has been requested for a few years now. Thanks!!

• Ms Karen Ryals commented  · 

Instead of writing out appointment cards, I wish there was a way to give the patient a print out at discharge of their upcoming appointment(s).
    I know of another software type that does this, and it is handy and it reduces errors! (i.e. writing an incorrect date on the card vs when the appointment is actually scheduled.)

• Mrs Lina Vivero commented  · 

It would be wonderful if I made an appointment for a patient on practice fusion, and the appointment would automatically be printed off of practice fusion and give the printed appointment sheet to the patient.

• Dan Rydzewski commented  · 

Yes, this feature would be a tremendous help. It would eliminate the need to hand write the appointment cards and this would eliminate the chance of a transcription error as well as save labor.

• J Steve Mayo commented  · 

Reminder print/actions like: print a label (to affix to postcard), print a letter, or send an email.

One awesome option we'd like is to generate the copy/paste text for a 120-character reminder from a custom SMS template we design. I'm not asking PF to send SMS.

We have ways to send them manually, complying with HIPAA.

The template might look like:

Hi {FIRSTNAME}, Appointment Reminder - {DAY} {DATE} @ {TIME} (check-in {CHECKIN}) w/ {PROVIDER} ~~ Reply C to confirm. Call to make changes. Peace, {USER}

* {CHECKIN} would be like {TIME}, determined by the Check-In Setting of "15" (minutes before appointment time)

• Anonymous commented  · 

yes this is especially needed for patients who dont use email

• Ariel commented  · 

This would be even nicer if we could print the future appointment list, the active medications, and the care plan from most recent visit all on one page. (Should be short version of medication list with med name, sig, and MAYBE date last filled and/or pharmacy last sent to, but NOT the full list of all fill dates and NOT inactive meds. Need to have this all fit on one page for patients with normal length medication lists.)

• Keely Godwin, MD commented  · 

I absolutely agree with this. We have some international patients who need a printed patient appointment card for their follow up that they can give to the visa office to help aid in their travels and right now I have to print a screenshot of their appointments in their timeline (which has none of our clinic information in it).

• Mrs TAMMY SIMES commented  · 

even if we click on the future appointment and have the option at the bottom to print.

• Mrs TAMMY SIMES commented  · 

this would be so nice for our patients that don't have email or cell phones

• Amber Oliphant commented  · 

It would be awesome if we could print out a reminder of an appointment that was just made for a patient!!! Thank you for all the changes you have made thus far.

Feedback and Knowledge Base