Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our <a href="http://www.practicefusion.com/help/">Help Center</a>.

Patient Preferred Pharmacy

I would like to be able to add and update pharmacies for patients. At this time the doctor is having to do this when sending meds, it would be a great help to the doctor if the staff were able to manage the pharmacy during the intake process or prior to the doctor seeing the patient.

851 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ms susan sebzdaMs susan sebzda shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Partially Resolved  ·  AlizaAdminAliza (Admin, Practice Fusion) responded  · 

Hello everyone,

Great news! As of 10/6/2017, we are introducing the ability for all practice members to add a patient’s preferred pharmacy directly into the patient Profile. This exciting new feature will be gradually rolling out to all practices in the coming weeks, so we will keep this request partially resolved until the roll-out is complete. We appreciate your patience!

You can read more about how to add a preferred pharmacy here:
    https://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/484990-how-do-i-search-for-a-pharmacy-or-enter-a-preferre

85 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dr Mitchell AkmanDr Mitchell Akman commented  · 

Just got the preferred pharmacy upgrade. Seems nice, however we should be able to make a patient's pharmacy preferred when sending a script. There should be a button on the select pharmacy screen when writing the script. that says, "make this pharmacy preferred"

• Mr George SantiagoMr George Santiago commented  · 

Medical assistant or office staff should be able to add and edit patient preferred pharmacies before the physician orders the scrips.

• Laurie TroupLaurie Troup commented  · 

I agree with listing a preferred pharmacy prior to needing to authorize a prescription. I would also like a spot for a mail order pharmacy. I have seasonal patients so 2 retail pharmacies are frequently needed in their records.

Some patients are required to use mail order pharmacies for long-term medications but may use a retail pharmacy for a one month or less supply. When this occurs all the information from the mail order pharmacy is deleted. I then have to call the patient and reenter all of this again!

• Wade DilleyWade Dilley commented  · 

Allow front office persons to put in the patient's pharmacy choice.

• Mrs Amy WestMrs Amy West commented  · 

Physicians often do not have time built into their workflow to search and add pharmacy information. This should be editable by support staff.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It currently delays the doctor, and the patient.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please figure out a way to delete a pharmacy from the chart. Would help reduce mistakes

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be so helpful to be able to enter the pharmacy into the chart while putting in all the other information on the profile. This would help clinic flow and the provider as it would already be in the chart.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Ditto:I would like to be able to add and update pharmacies for patients. At this time the doctor is having to do this when sending meds, it would be a great help to the doctor if the staff were able to manage the pharmacy during the intake process or prior to the doctor seeing the patient.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would like the option of entering the patient's pharmacy prior to seeing them for the first time. It is on our intake paperwork, so my staff could enter it, rather than me spending my time during the visit doing this clerical task. Thanks for considering!

• Anonymous commented  · 

People change pharmacies frequently. This would be very helpful!

• RichardRichard commented  · 

I totally agree with this. It would be nice to be able to see the patients pharmacy for call in prescriptions like a benzo that I can't push through practice fusion. It is a constant issue for us.

• Annalise GreenwaldAnnalise Greenwald commented  · 

There needs to be a place under a patients profile where we can enter their preferred pharmacy like we are able to do providers. This would help to quickly get the patients pharmacy information instead of having to pull it up through each patients prescriptions.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be very helpful to be able to remove a pharmacy from the patient's chart if we are no longer using that pharmacy. This makes refills easier, and would reduce mistakes.

• Dr Mindy WeissDr Mindy Weiss commented  · 

Have a dedicated spot to input a patient's pharmacy information without having to record a prescription.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be very helpful
        Most other ehr I have used allows the staff to put preferred pharmacy in in intake
        Thank you

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree please make pharmacy able to enter and update outside of the order form.

• MALLU REDDYMALLU REDDY commented  · 

Our staff needs to be able to add and update patient preferred pharmacy.

• Amanda KrukowskiAmanda Krukowski commented  · 

This would be extremely helpful and allow the office to run more efficiently.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Still need help?

Create a help ticket