Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Patient Preferred Pharmacy

I would like to be able to add and update pharmacies for patients. At this time the doctor is having to do this when sending meds, it would be a great help to the doctor if the staff were able to manage the pharmacy during the intake process or prior to the doctor seeing the patient.

904 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ms susan sebzda shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

92 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ms Jodi Metz commented  · 

Agreed. We should be able to add pharmacy preferences/info at any time, not just when prescribing. When someone calls to request a refill, we need to be able to verify pharmacy information within seconds when a patients says "just send it to the pharmacy on file." I would like to see this in the Summary or Profile sections/tabs on the front page of the patient's chart.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This office phones in all medications.
    We suggest having a space attached to Medication Log at the top so you don't have to look all over for it, with options to add additional Pharmacy locations information i.e, Name, Address, Store #; Phone and Fax with up to Three staff names which makes your call more personal when your office calls so frequently. We like being able to say Hello Joel, this is Sonya and I call in today with:

• Dr Marcelo Montorzi commented  · 

Patient pharmacies should be able to be deleted easily from the list of "patient pharmacies" and edited without much hastle

• Dr David Lyter commented  · 

Create a permanent field in pt. profile for "Preferred Pharmacy." At intake, the front office staff can search the database and have it entered/ready for eprescriber to select when ordering medications

• Dr Marieliz Alvarado commented  · 

everyday i have to wait to the patient decide and found out what pharmacy to use . at present this process can not be done until i writting the prescription. This should be filled at the registration process by staff.

• Ms Lizeth Antonio commented  · 

I cant put in the patients pharmacy if I am not the M.D.

• Ms Stephanie Damota commented  · 

Create a Pharmacy Information Section where we can store the patients Pharmacy name, address and phone number so we have the most updated information available and able to edit when neccessary

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree it should be added

• Anonymous commented  · 

the only way I can see a pharmacy is by pretending to prescribe when i do not need to do this. IF I have to send a prescription by FAX or call the pharmacy, I have to go through this whole process to get the FAX or phone number. this information should just be available when we open the patient's chart. Can you d othis?

• Desirei,MA commented  · 

Yes I agree, also so the patients don't have to be asked every time they are prescribed a new medication.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree, pharmacy information should be taken and documented/selected by front desk in summary portion of chart, so all the physician has to do is prescribe.

1 2 3 5 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base