Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Re-send Referral Option

I would like to see a "Resend" option added to referrals. It is too time consuming to recreate a referral and send it again.

171 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Cheryl Mazur shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Edward Taubman commented  · 

show the reason it failed on the page of sent referrals - and yes a resend button

• Ms Taraneh Maleki commented  · 

For one reason or another at the receiving end sometimes a faxed referral fails. Can you have a feature added so we can simply resend the failed faxed document? Currently we have to create the referral all over again. Thank you

• Mr David Price commented  · 

Yes this would save time!!!!!! AND would reduce the amount of times a Referral shows up in the "Referrals" list.

• Anonymous commented  · 

The resend fax option needs to be added as soon as possible, such a pain to have to print out and fax a failed referral!

• Willy commented  · 

This would be a time saver!
    Please look into adding this as a feature.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would like to know why my referrals are still in the pending for days but reports say they were sent

• Dr Marc Tanenbaum commented  · 

I am very surprised that this suggestion has not gotten massive approval. Resend would be greatly appreciated. Since we get notification when the referral did not go through, why not just a simple button to resend? Plus I like the idea of a delayed send feature to after midnight to avoid busy signals. This could be made a default able to be overridden if necessary for patient care. And ditto for all the send-able components.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Is there a setting to allow fax referrals to be sent between midnight and 6 am? We have so many coming back undelivered due to busy signal.

• Keely Godwin, MD commented  · 

I'd like to see this for all of the send-able components: e-prescriptions, imaging and lab orders. If something fails, I shouldn't have to start over from the beginning in order to send it again.

Feedback and Knowledge Base