Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Remove Extra Prescription Unit Field

The name of the meds chosen already shows the units so why do I have to choose the units before continuing? The meds already say tablets so it's a waste of time and redundant to have to choose Tablet again. Make it optional please.

54 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dr Susan Tran shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • William Gilmer commented  · 

shouldn't the field auto-fill with the unit type, since it is already part of the med name? I am choosing the tablet or capsule, or nasal spray form when I select the medicine. We should not have to manually add the unit type again

• Keely Godwin, MD commented  · 

thanks for the response here. Why can't that field auto-populate, in that case? For example, an inhaler should pre-populate to 1 canister
    I've worked with several e-prescribing systems and at the very least the only thing listed in the drop down menus when choosing the units are the units that are actually available for the chosen medication (so for albuterol it would be liquid (oz or mL), tablets, Metered dose inhaler or MDI, liquid for nebulizer). It wouldn't include things like bag, bottle, box, etc, because that's not a relevant measure for that medication.

Feedback and Knowledge Base