Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Virtual Visits

I'd love to have Virtual Visits available for my practice and my patients.

165 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Meenakshi Budhraja shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

22 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  · 

Of course telehealth is a must. This should go without saying.

• Lucille Vandevere, ARNP commented  · 

It would be nice to have Telehealth capabilities integrated into this system

• Greg Gass commented  · 

I began doing some tele-psychiatry about a year ago. I already had Practice Fusion and now I have new software for the encrypted sessions. I am scheduling my patients twice and they get double reminders. They complete their initial paperwork in the virtual "waiting room" and pay for their visit there prior to session, but I am opening a PF window and transcribing notes as we have the visit. I have two windows open. I can load their documents later into their charts, if I want, but currently, I have not merged the charts because their are so few patients. It would be nice if everything were in the same place.

• Mrs Mechelle Carter commented  · 

We agree about adding virtual visits. Currently we save our virtual visits to a phone then upload them to a pc then upload it to a secure repository and may save a link to the encounter. We would prefer to have the encounter via practice fusion and the video will compress and save directly into the chart or a provide a place to add the video. Currently the 25MB document size limits us from adding a zipped or compressed video.

• Michelle gorski commented  · 

One of the requirements for PMCH is offering other types of visits using phone or media. Adding telemedicine would meet those requirements.

• Dr. A commented  · 

In NY State, virtual visits are now reimbursable. I think telemedicine and virtual visits are the future and many of us can add virtual visits as ancillary to hands on time. The same idea as Uber, with little or no significant additional overhead.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'd love to be able to have telehealth virtual visits integrated through practice fusion so I contact the patient and then can bill directly through PF.

• Sina Firouzi commented  · 

Integrations of virtual visits will allow many more practitioners to utilize Practice Fusion without needing a separate telechat solution. I would be willing to pay a fee per provider per month for such functionality.

• Sina Firouzi commented  · 

Virtual visits are the way of the future.

• Ms Denise Bahadar commented  · 

Count me in if Practice Fusion develops an application to allow for secure video conferencing. I am currently working for a practice that offers telemedicine for minor urgent care visits. This is the way healthcare is going.

• Quentin Chambers commented  · 

Telemedicine will be key and is now. I do a lot of telemedicine visits and would love to have practice fusion as my sole use for EHR and virtual visits. It makes sense for this to be the next feature in practice fusion software. I highly encourage practice fusion to learn more about web RTC. Thanks for listening.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I have also been investigating how to implement virtual visits and would prefer a system inter grated with PF.

• Ms Anne Leedy commented  · 

Many insurance companies are looking into telehealth as an option. In our area, with rural settings, this could be a valuable tool. As we are a mental health counseling facility, we have to be cautious about the security of a site to use for this as the popular video chat sites (Facetime, etc) are not secure.

• Anonymous commented  · 

As a Dermatologist would like ability to offer Teledermatology consults to my existing patients with store forward or videoconferencing. Would like to see a patient portal that would allow patient to easily upload HPI, PMH and photos. Agree that these encounters should be easily incorporated in to patient chart

• Dr John Thurston commented  · 

No EHR I have found dose this. Telemedicine is growing and to centralize services so that patients only needed one log in to access scheduling, payment, EHR, and videoconferencing software would be very helpful.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Our practice is going to start offering telemedicine visits. It would be awesome if your EHR offered this technology without using a 3rd party.

• Julie Tomsett commented  · 

We are looking at adding virtual visits for our patients and would love to have that feature with PF rather than a different company. Any idea if/when this might be offered?

• Dr Arturo Taca commented  · 

If you can incorporate telemedicine, PF would be the clear leader in EMR.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base