Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Attach scanned documents to Lab/Image Orders

Our imaging centers are not doing electronic results reporting, so we can create an imaging order in them EMR, print that order, fax/send it with the patient.

Our imaging results are sent to us as faxed documents, which we upload into the chart. I would like to designate those faxed documents as "results" for an imaging (or lab) order and attach the results to the order itself somehow.

Obviously, it would still have to be done manually but it can be done when it's uploaded as a document and then assigned to me as an unsigned result by the staff scanning documents.

32 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Keely Godwin, MD shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Valentina commented  · 

We use updox in our practice and we're able to send the received faxed reports to the patient's chart, however, they always show up under pending or signed documents. We should be able to put these under "imaging results" because only one of our imaging locations do online reporting and we use like 10.

• Mrs Pamela B commented  · 

I attach the results to the imaging order by going to the order, right above tests there is a small "upload document". Then you can go into your image results and download from the order (under attachments). Hope that helps.

Feedback and Knowledge Base