Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Default Provider when Adding New Appointment

Can we set our provider name as default as we have only provider and time slot 15 minutes as default? We have to keep changing every time we enter a new appointment.

33 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mrs Alane Dickson commented  · 

We are a small practice with only one doctor. Having to click on the drop down to select the only available doctor is a bit inefficient. Can that be auto-populated?

• Ms Stina Jonsson commented  · 

I'm not the provider and it sets me as the default while scheduling and if that mistake isn't noticed immediately superbill will generate a that is for me and not the provider. Since I don't have admin privileges I have to ask a superior to take it off. It a hassle for such an easy fix of setting the provider as default in the drop down menu.

• Amanda Yerkey commented  · 

The doctor isn't seeing some appointments because it is under the person who scheduled the appointment.

• Julianne commented  · 

I agree. The scheduling desk is usually not the provider. Reducing clicks would be very helpful. Having an option for default choice for provider would be very helpful.

• Chris A commented  · 

I agree. Our staff find it problematic that the default provider is the user that is logged in, this is usually staff. If we could eliminate staff as providers that would be helpful when setting new appointments.

• Jo commented  · 

I agree with the comment on how can we default the provider? The person scheduling the appointment is NOT the provider so we need to make sure that the provider gets changed with each appointment. Why not have the capability to default this value so this does not have to be checked each and every time?

Feedback and Knowledge Base