Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Display patient's phone number while composing message

Voicemails from patients often include "please call me back at 222 333 4444" without the patient specifying whether that is their cell phone, office phone, etc. Usually the number they leave is the number I already have on their chart, but without opening the chart I can't be certain. So when I'm typing a message to a staff member, asking them to call the patient back, I have to type in the phone number the patient left.

When the staff member opens my message, PF automatically displays the phone number from the patient's chart. And then 95% of the time, the number I typed into the message is the same number that PF automatically added to the message, so I was wasting my time typing it. I'd like the cell number to appear by the patient's name while I'm composing the message, so I only have to type the number the patient left on the voicemail if it doesn't match the one we have.

27 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ariel shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Judi MacLean commented  · 

Please note: I have my appointment marked on my calendar for this Thursday April 5th @ 12:00PM. Your electronic reminder which I confirmed also said 12Noon. But on my calendar you electronically put 1:00PM.

I plan on being there at 12:00 unless advised otherwise. Judi MacLean

Feedback and Knowledge Base