Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Public Link to Patient Intake Form

We would like to link to our public intake form from our website so patients can fill it out ahead of time.

130 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

jamie howell shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

20 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dustin commented  · 

Yes, the feature is very much needed. I would say that this is an item that should be put at the top of your backlog for bug fixes and enhancements. The basic requirements would be:
    1) As an admin, I create the New Patient Intake Packet
    2) Once finalized, I publish it and can paste the link on the practice website.
    3) New patients are directed to the site (if they have a computer/internet or smartphone)
    4) Once the New Intake form has been submitted, as an office manager, nurse, or assigned staff could click on the 'Tasks' section, and could see that there is a new patient intake packet available in the queue.
    5) At this point it the staff could move the intake packet into a new patient, or could allow it to sit in the queue until additional followup is taken (contacting a referring physician, etc....)

• Dr Rodger Orman commented  · 

Allow us to manually send out by email the Patient Intake forms to new patients.

• Maria Danilychev commented  · 

Whether public or private, a link to an intake form would be great!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Agreed! I am surprised too. This is the only part of the chart that currently requires us to create a paper chart for each patient- as we cannot send them this info ahead of time to fill out. Please create a link that we can send to patients anytime so they can fill out as new patients much prior to their appointment. Ours is quite extensive and we like to give patients at least a week to fill out. Right now this is not possible. Please add! Thank you!

• Patrick commented  · 

The usability of an external link for potential patients would dramatically increase efficiency of the office. I am surprised this doesn't have a zillion votes. New Patients/Walk ins should have some kind of access to the custom intake forms. I would love to host the form on my website so I can take out the data entry part of this job and do some doctoring!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Can I send templates to patients manually?I would like to have patients enter their info via a template and do not want to wait to enter data when their appointment

• Anonymous commented  · 

To be able to send PT the intake and have it filled out as soon as possible. Not having to wait the 7 or 24 hr marks to even receive the intake packet. Then be notified that the paperwork has been completed.

• David commented  · 

I would like a way that you can send the patient intake form at anytime.

Currently, the only way to send the patient intake form is with appointment reminders... Yet the only time appointment reminders can be sent is 1 day or 1 week before the appointment.

Please make this process easier and more functional.

• nikki commented  · 

agreed! I would like to have ipad intake sessions for same day/walk-ins. My patients don't like paper and it defeats having an EMR.

• Ms Elizabeth Theisen commented  · 

Our practice prefers to have a patient's intake form before they are allowed to make an appointment. Having all of the patient's information before we see them saves time and confusion. Please make it available for a patient to submit their intake form before scheduling for an appointment.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'd like to be able to give a patient an ipad to fill out the intake forms so they don't have to wait for an email notice from practice fusion.

• Ryne commented  · 

Currently, if a patient is not scheduled 48hrs in advance they do not receive the appt. reminder with the intake forms. I regularly have same day appts or prior day appts scheduled. this is quite inconvenient to have to rely on the reminders. i have minimal staff and run on time so this is a huge issue if patient does not show up with paperwork in hand.

• Anonymous commented  · 

ability to send Np intake on same day as appointment.,

• Thalia Oster commented  · 

It would be helpful if we could send patients an email with a link to the patient intake forms, so they don't have to wait until they get their appointment reminder. Some folks would like to receive that link right after they call to make an appointment, while it is fresh on their minds.

• Robin Casey commented  · 

I was just struggling yesterday with trying to figure out how to print a paper copy of the form so that those who complete it online would see the same format as those who complete the intake paperwork in-office. Great idea, Jamie!

• Erica commented  · 

Have the online intake forms available as a URL that you can send to patients at ANY time regardless if you use online scheduling software

• Kory commented  · 

Patient health screening forms are now the standard of care and a component of any successful, high-volume practice. It would be great to send a prepared form whenever I want to a patient. This way I can send them a form in real time or have one sent as part of their patient reminder. This also requires the ability to have multiple forms.

Feedback and Knowledge Base