Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Custom Patient Profile Sections

I tried to add some more details to the patient's profile but was not able to customize the format. Can we have a customization option similar to online check-in template that can be filled in the office itself. My practice is based in rural community where patients do not check-in online.

57 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ankit Bangar shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

20 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mario Gonzalez Casafont commented  · 

It’s a good idea to edit patient profile, so we can add more info as marital status, etc...

• Mark commented  · 

great idea

• Robert Schulte commented  · 

We would like to be able to delete or hide sections that do not apply to our practice and add fields that we need. For example, we do not use "next of Kin" but we do record names and contact info (including emails) for both parents of a child patient. Currently we have to scroll past a lot of blank space to see what we actually need to see and we have to add a lot of information in the "notes" section, which just isn't efficient. It appears many practices have asked for this feature with respect to specific sections of the Profile sheet; adding a "hide" feature and providing blank fields that could be written in would address all of them...

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be really helpful if we could hide sections that we don't use, and add fields for information that we do need that may be specific to our clinics.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Agreed, customized demographic sections and fields is the most needed addition.

• Michael Scheeringa commented  · 

I too would like the Profile section to allow customization. I want to delete sections though, not add them. I don't need to see Gaurantor, Demographics, Care Team, Patients Family Info, Prescriptions, or Patient Settings. I have to scroll through blank sections to get to the sections I need.

• Mr Tony Lapp commented  · 

I'm newly looking at Patient Fusion and am really surprised this isn't a basic function. If the goal is for this to be used in a variety of practice settings, we'll all have need of this. I agree with the most recent comment below, although honestly I'd like the intake sheets to be more customizable as well. Basically to have the ability to create sections with headers, then populate those sections with the fields that are already standard to Practice Fusion or that are needed for our specialized practices. That would also allow for more gender-inclusive practice and generally more patient-centered care. I hope this feature request is considered! Thanks.

• Anonymous commented  · 

The Patient profile section should be as customizable as the Intake Sheets.

• Dennis Chau commented  · 

It would be useful to have the ability to customize which fields are included in the demographics section for the entire practice.

Maybe include a template that the administrators can edit, so that we can tailor the demographics questions to suit our needs? I.E. Being able to add an option for income level, gender, sexual orientation, or even transportation method.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Using student ID in place of social security will provide for easier identification of currently enrolled students that are legible for services.

• Anonymous commented  · 

this would save so much time, I spent a while looking through the tutorials and settings trying to figure it out.

• Radhika Menon commented  · 

We should have an option to note if patient is a veteran

• michelle commented  · 

I agree. We too, would like to add custom fields to the profile section. Putting information like pharmacy, cert. dates, case manager info, etc. in a chart note just gets lost. Trying to put this info in the free notes section is not effective. The free note space is limited and does not prompt the user to enter the information.

• Ms Tina Traylor commented  · 

Would like to be able to change the profile page to go along with the intake forms. Ex: Marital Status isn't on there and would like to remove Next of Kin and mother's maiden name.

• Dale Iglesia commented  · 

This would especially be useful for practices that serve targeted or special populations. To be able to document information not currently included in the standard Practice Fusion patient profile template via a customizable feature that allows the addition of a field specific to a special population would improve our capturing of important and pertinent patient demographic information. For example in our practice where we serve a refugee population, we would like to be able to capture information regarding a patients: i) arrival the the U.S., ii) country of origin (NOT just ethnicity), and iii) preferred language (NOT just restricted to the ones provided already in Practice Fusion). Concerning iii, it would be helpful to be able to have the feature to add an "other" language field that can be further described in a blank field, in the case one's preferred language isn't included in the current dropdown menu.

• Mrs Sabianne Jones commented  · 

Can you add field for patients preferred pharmacy number as well as a field to put the name of people or person that the practice is allowed to talk to about patients treatment, medical history ect.

• Mrs Dinah Olson commented  · 

A field under patient profile for maiden name would be helpful

• Anonymous commented  · 

We definitely would like to customize the "patient" profile. I work In a Correctional facility and this profile does not work for us

• Thanks for the additional info here, Ankit. We would love to hear from other practices to see if this would be valuable to them before we commit time to working on this feature. The more supporters a feature gets, the more likely it is that we'll develop the feature for all of our EHR customers!

• Ankit Bangar commented  · 

I need to add few custom fields to the patient profile. Is there a way I can do that instead of writing into notes.

Feedback and Knowledge Base